Dell 2709 Discussion Thread

Associate
Heres some pics of mine.

Next to a 22" Dell Screen and a 17" Laptop.

The 2709 is much brighter and MUCH better quality, there is some input lag, but I dont notice it playing games.

workstation.jpg

27%20and%2022.jpg

Soldato
Input lag is the only thing that's stopping me from ordering this right now but at the same time I never notice any on my Sammy 913N which was release about 4 years ago. It's an 8ms TN panel but surely something new like this Dell would be better so I shouldn't notice any? I think I may try and pickup a CRT somewhere cheap or infact I still have a small CRT TV in my room that should do fine to test it? I'll just have to find a way to connect my PC to that.

Associate
wow there is some size difference as this monitor is tempting as it has all the connections i need to run consoles on it

have you ran some bluray films on the monitor what is the playback like ?

at this size dell should put a dvb-t tuner in it and then it would be even better

Associate
Hello , i m consedering buying on of these .
I would like to know what is the latest revision of the 2709w if any.
Do you have some infos about that ?

Thanks

Associate
Was thinking about getting one of these until I seen the horrendous input lag, it's as awful as the other newer Dell monitors, it seems if you want the best gaming performance you go with an inferior TN panel, if you want the best colours and picture and panel quality but the worst gaming performance you go with a more expensive monitor. So now I have no idea what to get in, im in limbo.

Associate
I got mine on Tuesday revision A00, monitor is amazing and huge!

I used a colour profile available from http://img1.focus-numerique.com/focus/profils-LCD/Dell 2709W.icc

I have played plenty fps style games in the past and was pretty good at them but tbh I can't detect any input lag, but maybe I am getting old, lol! But even if I was 10 years younger I am not sure I would be able to detect a lag of 0.07 seconds.

^_^

Associate
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6

You can compare input lag between two different monitors here, change the dropdown of the chosen Monitor to "Delay compared with a CRT", the lowest lag of the Dell's is the 2407, the rest of the Dell's have horrendous lag, as most people know already know, can still find the 2407 A04 Rev's being sold in the most obvious place, all the newer Dell's seem to be useless for gaming with that kind of lag

Last edited:
Associate
Yep input lag is quite high on latests Dells.But these datas are related to the rev A00.I've read that there are some improvements on the rev A01.
Is there any bench available regarding this ?

I ve also read somewhere that the dynamic contrast can be disable on the Dell monitors.
So if we consider that dynamic contrast is a pre-process that takes time , disabling it should improve input lag. Just a guess but that sounds quite logical.
Does someone has made this kind of test ?

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
My 2709 arrived over the weekend, great monitor if only for one thing...I seam to be having some rather annoying backlight bleed from the two top corners.

This is taken in a completly dark room:
2709-bleed-small.jpg

2709-bleed2-small.jpg

Someone tell me this isn't normal :confused: Its almost like having two spotlights shining down on the screen, which can be really noticable when watching movies that have black bars at the top and bottom!

Has anyone else got this problem?

Associate
Hello there,
I 've heard that the backlight bleedind can disappear after 50 hours of use, or so .
Maybe you should run the monitor non stop for one or two days to see if there is an improvment.
If not ,and if it's an annoyance for you , you should ask for an exchange .

Btw dmay i ask you if you get a A00 or A01 revision ?

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
Well it doesn't feel like there's any lag during normal desktop use (going from an old Dell 2007wfp) but i've not played any games on it yet, so i'll let you know once I do ;)

I mainly got it for web browsing and movies anyway, for which its great :)

Associate
How are people getting on with these monitors? I have just ran a tft selector on tft central and this is recomended for my use of photo editing.

Does anyone use this monitor for photo editing at all and how would you rate it?

Back
Top Bottom