Dell 2709 Discussion Thread

Associate
I need a new monitor, i am looking at 24" +

This seems good

I only play Age of empires 3 , Footballl manager and the other uses are Graphics work.

would it be good you think? by this i mean would i notice the lag
Priced at 600.00 Euro, you cannot really go wrong with the Dell 2709W. Although not everything about the Dell model is perfect, the monitor is still quite close to being the perfect multimedia monitor and has earned itself (if narrowly) a rating of very good.

Soldato
Mines delayed. Im not to worried about a lag time of 47/1000's of a second. Which according to the german site is 3fps compared to a crt.
3fps is a bit misleading, it's not like the difference between a game running 50 fps and 47 fps. It's that what you see is 3 frames out of date, which also means all your inputs are 3 frames out of date. I was playing UT2K4 the other day, on instagib (1 hit kills) and that game is so quick you really need to be on a server with a ping below 50 ms, so you don't want your monitor adding another 50 ms delay on top of that. I also play some serious online racing sims where you need split second reactions, those 3 frames could be the difference between spinning and catching a slide.

Of course for a casual gamer or for slower games where timing isn't critical, it's not going to be a problem.

Wonder if we'll also see an A01 revision of this screen?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived today.

2707 which I also own has 45ms input lag according to TFTCentral. Never noticed a problem when gaming.

2709 has 46/47ms input lag according to that German review (Prada.de)

They both peform identical to my eyes.

Note : the 2408 is well over 60ms so has considerably worse lag.

I play FPS, RTS, RPG. When a new game comes out I like, I buy it, and finish it in typically in under 2 weeks. So not a hardcore gamer. For those that are hardcore gamers they may notice the difference.

Associate
Mine arrived today.

Got any pics of it on your desktop ?

Kieran

P.S. If you don't the go and take some and post them up here so we can all have a look:)

P.P.S. Glad you are happy with your new purchase. I think I'm gonna have to get me one of these.

Last edited:
Soldato
Will take pics tommo or friday once I get it setup properly on the desk and the 2707 exits the room.
Currently eating my dinner..just home from work. And back in at 6 bloody AM.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's also got front, centre/sub, and rear speaker 3.5mm jack outputs. So with a PS3 plugged in via HDMI, it will take the audio signal and split it across the analog channels same as a 5.1 soundcard does. So this basically means you can use a entry level set of 5.1 speakers for gaming i.e. you dont need an amp/sub which has a 5.1 decoder. Previously when using HDMI with your PS3 the only way to get 5.1 with a PC LCD was to use the PS3's optical output which required an amp with a decoder.

Associate
I got one am pleased with it, there is a slight imput lag, but I wouldnt have noticed unless anyone had told me. Next to my 22" dell it looks amazing, very bright and clear, much better stand and very bright and again with dell no dead pixels, that 3 out of 3 dells with no dead pixels.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I've ordered my latest upgrade and have included this!! (hope I don't have to wait too long till OC get them in stock!) gonna be a big step up from my 7yr old 19" CRT!!

Seeing as I've been using a CRT for the entire life-span of my computer (I think the monitor is the only original part left! well that and my IDE cable! ha ha) would I notice a considerable difference with the input lag? and the "accuracy" of colours?

(...I'm gonna miss my CRT... we've been through a lot together... ha ha ha!)

Soldato
I'm thinking of upgrading to this from my 19" TFT too so should be a hell of a jump for me. With my monitor being quite an old Samsung N913 model would I really notice input lag since I'm totally happy with my current one and don't notice any ghosting/lag? I tried looking on the web if the Sammy has any input lag but to no avail.

Associate
I wish OcUK stocked the Samsung 275T (27"). I originally had my heart set on Dell's new 27 incher but it's never in stock here and I don't want to pay for one over at Dell's website. What a rip off!

When will OcUK be getting the 2709 back in again?

Back
Top Bottom