Dell 2709 Discussion Thread

OcUK Staff
Hi there

They won't be in stock for long, our order has been on with DELL for months for JUST 100pc and they arrived yesterday but were now down to just 40pc left, hence the demand on these is high, plus the fact were over £100 cheaper than DELL.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
got mine this morning!!! its HUGE!!!!!! been playing crysis and mass effects and i can't notice the input lag (well i can if i pay attention but its really insignificant)

the monitor itself looks awesome!! heavier than i thort it would b, but the build quality seems flawless, a nice sterdy (sp??) stand, nice bright screen, no dead or bright pixles, and the "touch" buttons on the side r siiik!!

i agree with what sum reviews say about the colours being too warm on the 'standard' setting but there are presets in the monitor menu which correct this (im using adobe RGB).

overall im very happy with the monitor, sum reviews i read made me think otherwise but now they just seem picky. hope this helps sway u towards a purchase 'cause it will def b worth it, especially for that price!!

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
Hi there

They won't be in stock for long, our order has been on with DELL for months for JUST 100pc and they arrived yesterday but were now down to just 40pc left, hence the demand on these is high, plus the fact were over £100 cheaper than DELL.

Well only £46 if you include delivery ;) :p

Last edited:
Associate
the thing is you wont notice the lag until you compare side by side after all how would you know your 3fps ahead or behind apart from getting killed all the time maybe ?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
nuvpal

can i ask what monitor you upgraded from ?

im still tempted by one of these but not sure if its going to be an upgrade from my 2407

Hi CraigN,

to b honest i upgraded from a 7yr old 19" CRT, so any upgrade would have been a big improvement, but it also means i would notice the input lag more than upgrading from a tft (i assume), but i cannot really notice it and gameplay for me has not changed at all.

hope that helps

Soldato
the thing is you wont notice the lag until you compare side by side after all how would you know your 3fps ahead or behind apart from getting killed all the time maybe ?
In a really fast FPS, something like UT/Q3A I'm sure a good player would quickly notice his level of play had dropped and that he was having trouble hitting things. You probably wouldn't notice in a much slower FPS like Crysis though.

Associate
Anyone wanna buy a Dell 21" CRT Behemoth:eek:

Damn you OCUK, thanks to the 10% off I've just ordered this monitor,

eerm.......and the Quad core 6600/Abit/OCZ bundle,

Also slipped in a ATI Radeon 4870 ;)

@ Gibbo............
Tell your marketing men that the 10% offer works for returning customers like me !!

Kieran

Soldato
i wish i hadnt blown my 10% off coupon on a 4870X2 alone.

i think i may order one of these im in need of a second monitor gives me a good exscuse to keep my 2407 aswell.

I dont play FPS games apart from single player, im allways carp compared to those who play online so il stick to WOW.

Soldato
ummm.. well it's big and looks fantastic... but it's killed my pc :'(

I plugged it in, turned it on and told the nvidia options to send it a signal. then the drivers died and vista froze. I rebooted and nothing happened. no display, no post beep, no error beeps. I cant figure out what died so pretty fed up.

PS3 looks great though.

Associate
Got mine today :):):):eek: It's huge but I could get used to that very very quickly.

I'll post up a few pics later tonight.

Kieran

[Edit] @ Rebelious.....Did you get your problems sorted ?

Associate
yeah, I think it was my dodgy RAM (needs lots of voltage) - it's all working now though, made me finally get around to getting some dust out of the case too.
T'was just a coincidence it then expired the day you got the monitor then?

What settings are you using? I.e. brightness and contrast, colours etc.

It's very bright and very red at the defaults. Starting to have a look now myself

Kieran

Soldato
I was going to buy this but I couldn't get enough money together intime to use the 10% voucher and price went up over £100 :(

Associate
Got mine yesterday. One struck pixel, so it's getting sent back on Friday, got a 7-14 day wait for a replacement though :( I'll reserve judgement over the monitor till then :)

Associate
did you not try and "unstick" it?

Gave it a sexy massage....Dead Pixel Buddy...unplugged/swapped cables. Nothing left tor try? It's going back anyway :) I did get to use it for a few hours.. The best thing about it for me is size - When stood next to my 21" 4:3 NEC it's slightly bigger vertically and when setting it all up I was using a 1600x1200 wallpaper which showed all the nice horizontal space spare :) I'd never go back to 4:3, and I'd never go back to anything less than a 27" TFT.

Not tried any games on it... Waiting for a couple of months to buy a new rig.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom