The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Shed spider skin I found hanging from a flourescent light at work (TZ10). Sharpened and cropped only.

P1010575.jpg

Associate
Get shot Jimbu. what do you do in processing to get that kind of image?

The original shot was quite warm so just played with the temp for something a bit colder, a small bump in vibrance then dropped the saturation. Upped contrast to 32 and blacks to 7.

Then finished it with a tonal contrast finish in PS5 using Nik Software.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Thought I'd post this in here, was just looking through some pics of my Holiday in Cyprus last year, always liked this pic I took when we went on a Land Rover safari in the Troodos Mountains. I thought it would look nice in B&W, pleased with how it came out :)

ontopoftheworldMedium.jpg

I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination (just use a Fuji S5700 in auto most of the time), but sometimes they come out OK :D

Tea Drinker
Don
Just taken delivery of my 20D s/h from ebay £200 and it's immaculate, been playing for a couple of days, not had a chance to get out in the day and indoor shots need some work but I'm quite pleased with these from my tank.

No processing and only using the auto setting so far, going to need to sit down and read the manual :p

DEC 10 074 by greensurveying, on Flickr

DEC 10 035 by greensurveying, on Flickr

Soldato
I've been playing with the Sigma 30mm f1.4 a bit more. I was initially a bit disappointed with wide open performance, but I think that was just me having set my expectations too high!

The sort of low light shallow DoF candid shot of my daughter playing that I like. I know it's not technically a good shot, and my can of Strongbow in the foreground doesn't help either!

This is a 100% crop without any noise reduction or sharpening:

Not too bad, considering the shot? It's not a 5DmkII with a 35L... One day maybe I'll be lucky enough, but not today!

Associate
So myself and Blastman got up at stupid o'clock this morning to try and get some sunrise shots overlooking Southampton Docks, we spent about 45 mins trying to find a suitable location to shoot from, and then when we did find somewhere i rattled off about 150 shots without finding a single keeper. I just couldn't seem to find a good composition anywhere.

So i lined up 2 panoramics and didn't think i had anything till i got home, a wee bit o' shopping later and here we are.

Thanks for looking :D

Southampton Docks Early Morning by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Sunrise In Southampton by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Soldato
Nice shots knowlesy, enjoying the D7000 then? :)

I like that in black-and-white Mr Jones!

^^ Yeah nice shoots you two, Anna eye particularly ;)

Love everything about yours Mr J.

Hey thanks guys :D yes the D7000 is performing very nicely !!! still getting to grips with all the buttons :D

So myself and Blastman got up at stupid o'clock this morning to try and get some sunrise shots overlooking Southampton Docks, we spent about 45 mins trying to find a suitable location to shoot from, and then when we did find somewhere i rattled off about 150 shots without finding a single keeper. I just couldn't seem to find a good composition anywhere.

So i lined up 2 panoramics and didn't think i had anything till i got home, a wee bit o' shopping later and here we are.

Thanks for looking :D

Southampton Docks Early Morning by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

*snip

liking it very nice shot there squire ! ;)

Associate
Wow loving the Bokeh. Going to give it a try next weekend when we put out Christmas tree up.

Got any tips? Never tried anything like that before.

It was my first try as well. All I did was set my camera to the lowest f.stop number using aperture priority, set the ISO to the lowest setting, and then manually set the focus point to as close as possible.

Associate
Every time I come back to this thread I get inspired by the great images.

But on a different note :o here are my latest efforts from Eglinton park, Ayrshire. All taken with the 7D and Sig 10-20, PP in LR3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom