SOME women are snakes!!

Soldato
Same for kids.....

Marriage terrifies me, but it's nothing compared to the prospect of having kids. I honestly think this is what's going to split the mrs and I up, I feel so strongly about kids that I doubt I'll ever change my mind and want some of my own.

My views are so similar to yours I could have written that myself.

What scares me though is that it's all the benefit scroungers having loads of kids, and less and less of the responsible and intelligent/career focused people that prop up society.

Associate
is it the amount or the proportion that is bothering people? She would have got used to a certain style of life and it is unfair to expect her to simply drop all that because Kobe fancied shagging somebody else.

Associate
Got to laugh at all you who say she doesn't deserve that amount of money, that it should be less, maybe only 10 million blah, blah. I take it you all agree Kobe Bryant 'deserves' to be a multi millionaire because of an accident of birth (height and athletic ability) and a nations obsession of watching tall men throw balls at hoops?

Next you'll tell me what he gets paid for his career is all right because that's what people are willing to pay to watch him live or on TV. Fair enough, but by the same token it's OK for her to get half because that's what people are willing to be law in the country he lives in.

So if he 'deserves' his huge wages for being a sports star then she 'deserves' her half when he can't keep it in his trousers. If you think he deserves his riches but shouldn't share them 50/50 when he has the affair then your not thinking straight or are a complete hypocrite.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Got to laugh at all you who say she doesn't deserve that amount of money, that it should be less, maybe only 10 million blah, blah. I take it you all agree Kobe Bryant 'deserves' to be a multi millionaire because of an accident of birth (height and athletic ability) and a nations obsession of watching tall men throw balls at hoops?

Next you'll tell me what he gets paid for his career is all right because that's what people are willing to pay to watch him live or on TV. Fair enough, but by the same token it's OK for her to get half because that's what people are willing to be law in the country he lives in.

So if he 'deserves' his huge wages for being a sports star then she 'deserves' her half when he can't keep it in his trousers. If you think he deserves his riches but shouldn't share them 50/50 when he has the affair then your not thinking straight or are a complete hypocrite.

Wow. I think you have single handedly raged against the whole idea of a capitalist society. How do you measure what someone is worth in their job? How do we decide that you are not being paid too much?

I don't know if you are being intentionally stupid or what but don't you think that that fact he is tall has little to do with his success.... Last time I checked, every person that is very tall is not playing in the NBA and classed as one of the best players of all time.

What about those born with a really high IQ. They should be capped in their earning because they had a natural advantage. Please try to think about what you are suggesting.

Also, he was destined for greatness when he met her. She was destined for a short career as a backup dancer before she latched onto some other dude with a fat wallet.

If he hadn't met her, there would have been at least a few other women willing to marry him and he would have been just as good a basketballer. If she hadn't met him...... well, she wouldn't have lived the life of luxury for the last 10 years and had her whole family taken care of.

Soldato
I can honestly say that I would only get married if she was earning around the same salary or have a pre nup. I don't think it is reasonable to get that much, I would say that she should get 2M max.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't rage against anything, and also said it's fair enough that because of his natural ability and some good fortune he gets paid lots of money because of people's willingness to pay to watch, I just don't agree with it, tough for me.

On the other hand people have an aptitude for many different things and don't get paid anywhere near us much for just as much if not more effort, determination and commitment. You think that's something fair and good about our society?

As for capitalism, it's all about making the most money you can from the talents you have, looks like the lady in question has done that quite well, yet you don't seem to think she deserves it, but he does, double standards.

Soldato
He got his millions because he brought in profits for his team and received his share plus money from sponsorships etc. She got her money by marrying some rich dude and divorcing him. Its irrelevant that he may have cheated. Its his money which he earned. She should get enough to be able to look after her children for life and that's way less than $75 million.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I didn't rage against anything, and also said it's fair enough that because of his natural ability and some good fortune he gets paid lots of money because of people's willingness to pay to watch, I just don't agree with it, tough for me.

On the other hand people have an aptitude for many different things and don't get paid anywhere near us much for just as much if not more effort, determination and commitment. You think that's something fair and good about our society?

As for capitalism, it's all about making the most money you can from the talents you have, looks like the lady in question has done that quite well, yet you don't seem to think she deserves it, but he does, double standards.

He earnt that money from training very very very hard for his entire life and being at the top of his sport. She "earnt" her $75 million from being pretty enough to marry a rich guy and put up with the life of luxury for 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom