What film did you watch last night?

Don
Bulletproof (Adam Sandler)

I was browsing Netflix and figured I'd give this a chance, I've always seen the DVD floating around shops etc.

Terrible film, I was expecting a typical 5-6/10 Sandler movie, but it was just poor :p

4/10

Soldato
American Reunion - Solid effort 7 or 8 out of 10 I would say. Lots of laughs to be had however I hope they let it die now. It was a fitting ending and dragging it out would be poor I feel.

fez

fez

Caporegime
How To Train Your Dragon - Had this since launch and never got round to watching it till now :o And what a huge mistake.
Probably one of the best animated films I've seen!

Heard really good things about this when it was released. I thought it got quite a few awards / plaudits.

Another one to watch is definitely "megamind". Really good and pretty funny at the same time.

Associate
Underworld Evolution. It's a film where Kate Beckinsale fights some werewolves over and over. CGI is pretty inconsistent (poor). Story isn't interesting enough to worry about. Overall just a mess. 3/10

Soldato
Underworld Evolution. It's a film where Kate Beckinsale fights some werewolves over and over. CGI is pretty inconsistent (poor). Story isn't interesting enough to worry about. Overall just a mess. 3/10

Yep it was boring even comparing it to the other ones, I actually thought the other ones were pretty good (typical 6 or 7 / 10 for that class of movie).

Same with Resident Evil though, the most recent one of that was pants but the ones before were pretty good too. Don't know what they're doing wrong tbh!

Soldato
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (For work)

A really good feel good family film. If any of you guys have kids, I highly recommend it!

Vanessa Hudgens is smoking hot in it too ;)

7.5/10

Soldato
The Descendants 7/10
Good film with George Clooney going through a very difficult time in his life. His wife falls into a coma and he has to cope with his 2 troubled daughters, law practice and a major family decision. However the film is based around the wife in a coma when he finds out she was having an affair.

Associate
Thor 6/10
Pretty run of the mill hero flick with some short but interesting fight sequences. The sections on Earth seemed a little forced for me, especially some of the humour. Nothing spectacular but I had to see it prior to watching The Avengers.

Soldato
Saw Avengers last night.
Loved it.
Ok I did kinda feel that one one point, 'when is this gonna kick off', but then it redeemed itself.
3D was pointless but didn't detract from my enjoyment.
One word, Hulk, you'll know what I mean.
8/10

Soldato
Oh, no, it wasn't Hulk Smash. It was 'I AM A GOD'... I figure that's not a spoiler...

That was absolutely brilliant.

Avengers amused me greatly, also wasn't sure about 3D, but again it wasn't a hindrance.

I feel it deserved more than 8/10, but not by much.

As I said in the Avengers thread, it seemed to lack some of the superhero romantic side of things, but I realise there were time constraints.

kd

Associate
21 Jump St, was a let down. Funneist part was when they got drugged up, I laughed our loud all the way through that bit. The rest bad.

Alien tonight on blu-ray, can't wait.

Permabanned
Saw the hunger games last night.

Wasn't particularly impressed at all. It clearly straddled in decisively between being a film they wanted to cater to a wide demographic and adult, with an unconvincing result.

The result lead to weak actions, blurry scenes etc

Also a few plot holes.

Not worth the obscene amount of adverts before the start of the film.

5/10

Back
Top Bottom