• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Permabanned
Oh, shopping tab on google doh, I thought you meant on OCUK's site.

Yea, I want a reference for £50 less than that :(

Yeah, when I read a few days back that the 670 price would be "above £300 but not by much" that said to me £320 or maybe even less.

Same here, I've got £320 to spend, was going to stretch to £350 for the gigabyte windforce, but not £375 :(

Not paying more that £325 for a reference.

Last edited:
Soldato
As said though that's hardly a reputable retailer, and its not as big as ocuk and will not have anywhere near as much bulk stock as ocuk. I'd expect it cheaper here for those reasons. The shopping tab just gives us an indication of price range :)

Associate
My planning was based on something slightly faster than a 580, for £300-£325. If these really are near-as-damnit as fast as the 680 then I guess the price is fair enough, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Associate
So... 1440p monitor ordered. Was going to get a KFA GTX 680 OC but now tempted with a 670 upon release on Thursday. Given the similarities when overclocked, I'm not sure there's a good reason to still order a 680, unless that extra £100+ is burning a hole in my pocket. Thoughts welcome!

Associate
So... 1440p monitor ordered. Was going to get a KFA GTX 680 OC but now tempted with a 670 upon release on Thursday. Given the similarities when overclocked, I'm not sure there's a good reason to still order a 680, unless that extra £100+ is burning a hole in my pocket. Thoughts welcome!

personal thought - i see no any reason to spent that 100 more for basically same card..want to burn money? get bigger ssd or keep them for next upgrade

Associate
Does anyone know what sort of temps the reference cards are likely to reach at stock clocks?

I've never owned a single fan card (or a reference card for that matter) - do they tend to be quite noisy in comparison to those with dual fans?

Thanks.

Associate
Does anyone know what sort of temps the reference cards are likely to reach at stock clocks?

I've never owned a single fan card (or a reference card for that matter) - do they tend to be quite noisy in comparison to those with dual fans?

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about a reference 670 in terms of noise, etc, if the reference 680 is anything to go by. Mine at stock idles at 35c and goes to about 58c under load. It's a reference cooler but is amazingly quiet too, and basically the same volume at idle or load.

I had reservations about a single fan stock cooler too, but the 600 series seems to have amazingly good reference coolers.

Associate
I wouldn't worry about a reference 670 in terms of noise, etc, if the reference 680 is anything to go by. Mine at stock idles at 35c and goes to about 58c under load. It's a reference cooler but is amazingly quiet too, and basically the same volume at idle or load.

I had reservations about a single fan stock cooler too, but the 600 series seems to have amazingly good reference coolers.

Cheers Wolfe!

Those load temps are really impressive considering the kind of horsepower the 680's have. I was thinking if a reference 670 sat below 70c under load I'd be happy, but sub 60c would be even better!

Thanks for sharing your impressions re. fan noise too. That reassures me a lot!

Associate
Only price I have found in sterling on the net for the windforce is £387. If this is how much they end up costing I won't be buying. Too close to 680 prices to be worth it.

Soldato
I'm sorry, but wasn't it concluded that OCed 7970=680-with-turbo-boost in terms of performance?

In that case, what is the point in getting a 670 for the price of 7970?

Associate
ordered a 7970 last week but ended up canceling and now looking forward to Thursday as i can spend the credit i'v got.....hmm 670 already paid for niiiiice:)....but now i gotta go through all that deciding what one again!

How does the credit work with OCUK? Do you get the option to apply it when checking out online or do you need to phone up sales?

Reason I ask is I've recently done an RMA and rather than a refund I've asked for credit to stick towards a 670 / monitor.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom