New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Soldato
The options are greyed out so they cannot be used when it's in this 3D mode. Changing the res down then up seems to fix it as well as restarting. It's a pain as all the games I want to play it seems to do it. I might try a driver reload and see if that helps.

Soldato
Nope drivers have done nothing. No idea what to try tbh. It just says 3D mode detected and goes into a really slow and dull mode but not 3D the option to disable 3D is greyed out so it cannot be turned off ? It all works fine in 3D and games that it does not do it run fine in 120hz 2D just most come up with this message when opened.

Think I will make a video to show what I mean and contact samsung to see if they have any idea.

Associate
cool u got it fixed/ was that the 12.11 driver?
im on 12.10 but i do have a 5850, wondered if it was worth it.
The samsung 700D is a lovely monitor, love the blacks and in game colours vibrant

Soldato
cool u got it fixed/ was that the 12.11 driver?
im on 12.10 but i do have a 5850, wondered if it was worth it.
The samsung 700D is a lovely monitor, love the blacks and in game colours vibrant

Yeah was on 12.11. It is a lovely monitor I had a LG IPS and apart from the viewing angles the 700d is a much better display. I'm really surprised how good it looks for a TN screen.

Soldato
The only thing that is annoying is that it's so damn reflective!! I am in a room where I have pretty good control of the lighting and it's still annoying :) Other than that it's fine, just a bummer that I have a nvidia card. Down with proprietary 3d!!

Soldato
Hey guys, I bought my second S23A700D today, got the dual monitor set up all running. But there's one problem, mainly the colour...

img0665nu.jpg

I've done the same settings on both monitors. But obviously the one on the right seems to like it's yellow tint a bit too much.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or have I got a dud monitor?

hmm that looks odd. You probably tried this already but have you switched cables and inputs to see if that's your problem? And I know in older VGA connections bent pins were sometimes responsible for colour problems. I know its harder to do with DVI connections but might be worth checking.

Soldato
Hi

Mine arrived this morning :D its very impressive for a TN panel pretty good colours and nice blacks.

In not interested in the 3D part of it have not even unpacked the glasses from there box just wanted a nice fast 120hz monitor that doesn't buzz couch acer :o

Associate
The 3D is actually quite good. It's worth a go seeing as it's part of it.
Exact same reason I purchased mine. Amazing monitor for the price, when purchasing the 3D didn't really come into it, more of a nice extra I can mess around with every so often. But tbh for games it's abit gimmicky and I have yet to try it with any kind of 3D film.

Soldato
Yeah same here, purchased the monitor for the 120hz not the 3D, it's just a bonus :)

Mind you the fact that it was on special at the time and samsung were doing a vat back offer as well had a lot to do with my choice :)

Associate
Yeah same here, purchased the monitor for the 120hz not the 3D, it's just a bonus :)

Mind you the fact that it was on special at the time and samsung were doing a vat back offer as well had a lot to do with my choice :)
I got mine from another website I shall not mention. They had them in a clearance sale. Think I ended up getting them for around £146 each :D

Associate
Could you please point me to that site?
Just had a look and they no longer sell them (That's how I got them so cheap being a clearance of their last stock). I would also not be allowed to link to them like said above because they are a direct competitor of Overclockers.

I'm sure the cheapest price would show in Google shopping anyhow if you had a look.

Associate
Just had a look and they no longer sell them. I would also not be allowed to link to them like said above because they are a direct competitor of Overclockers.

I'm sure the cheapest price would show in Google shopping anyhow if you had a look.

Yep I understand in fact I wanted to send u a pm but I think I'm not allowed yet as I'm a new member, anyway thanks. :)

Associate
Quick question... I'm planning to buy 3 of these monitors for a 3D surround nvidia setup. Do I have to buy 3 nvidia vision devices or it will be ok? Or just one?

Thx

Associate
Quick question... I'm planning to buy 3 of these monitors for a 3D surround nvidia setup. Do I have to buy 3 nvidia vision devices or it will be ok? Or just one?

Thx
These monitors are not Nivida 3D compatible so they would be useless for what you want to use them for by the sounds of things. Read back in this thread for plenty of discussion about it.

Back
Top Bottom