What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
gravity - pretty good but nowhere as good as what people make it out to be imo, superb visuals though! Didn't see imax version, only had the choice of normal 3d and damn it still sucks soooooooo much, only 2-3 scenes were actually good for 3d, still don't see why 3d is around, pretty much everyone I know and from reading on here + other forums, reviews etc. for many films, the majority hate 3d still.......... 7/10

anchorman - some funny scenes and a lot of random wtf moments :D 8/10

we're the millers - loved it! One of the best comedy films I have seen in a long time 8/10

lone ranger - meh, could have been better, picked up about half way through and the "twist" was extremely obvious 5/10

Permabanned
Gravity in 3D IMAX....phenomenal. And Sandra Bullock was excellent and wow to that ass and those legs, at 50..damn girl!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Gravity in 3D at the IMAX.

Absolutely amazing, one of the best films I have ever seen in the cinema.
I was completely exhausted when it finished, it has you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. 9.5/10

Associate
Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

8/10

First time I've seen it and enjoyed it quite a bit. Going to check out the other two that are in the trilogy.

Soldato
Iron Sky

A decent spoof set in 2018 where Sarah Palin is president and the nazis have been hiding on the dark side of the moon since the end of WW2.
It's not laugh out loud funny, but it does have it's moments and there are a few thought provoking aspects behind the silliness.

Considering it's not a Hollywood production and on a budget, the visuals are pretty damn good.

6.5/10

Caporegime
Apart from 2-3 scenes, it isn't worth it imo. Scenes being the wee toy figure floating about, the satellite debris and a few other tiny little things. Much like every 3d film, only a few scenes really stand out.

I just can't stand 3d , even took the glasses of every now and then and tbh, I preferred it even though some of the background was fuzzy/blurry :p

Probably better watching the imax version though......

Soldato
Nexus, I haven't seen it yet, but having been to the BFI Imax a few times, I can easily imagine that something like this would be pretty incredible on a screen that size in 3d - and I think 3d is usually pretty crap too :D

Back
Top Bottom