Letter from VirginMedia.... Outrageous ?

Soldato
I think it's great that a company stands up for its employees.

Many people think they can treat people badly because they buy a product or service from the company that employs them.

Maybe you should have been a bit more polite. Here are the things I am reading that make me think you are less than pleasant to deal with.

It isn't Miss.... Its Mrs - whoopdedoo, nobody cares about your need to be addressed so specifically

You've been told over 10times to address this and had 2 copies of marrige certificates.- more aggressive sounding ranting

so called engineer - insulting

This is MY house - they are there for your benefit oh mighty one

someone who didn't know red from blue. - insulting

some moron that knew nothing about PCs or connections. - insulting

I'm not physic - can't spell

To be frank, it sounds like you were rude and someone didn't put up with it.

:rolleyes: I'm with the OP on this one, and it's your kind of attitude as to why customer service in this country is so poor

7 years to fix a problem is a joke! 'if' its loosing picture, virgin know damn well it's down to crushed cabling

also, he's right with saying 'so called engineer' if all they did was keep unplugging and re plugging cables.

don't forget, the OP is probably venting his anger on here.

Read the letter and It seems although the engineer may or may not have know what they are going on about, you must have said something rude/insulting to get her nerve up enough to report it.

Having a quick browse through your recent posts you seem to have a slight attitude / keyboard warrior problem.. so I can believe it.

Are you always a stuck up arse?

You know exactly what I meant. Get off your high horse.

Again a stupid comment at the bottom, I get tired of reading your replys/threads why hasn't anyone banned this idiot yet?

I await a DON response to prove otherwise. If im wrong I will apologise.

Caporegime
7 years is a ridiculous time to stay with them.

On the subject of engineers though some are good, some are bad. I will say that my experience of Virgin engineers is not good. They really don't seem to know what they're doing.

Associate
Can't say I've ever had anything like this from any of the service providers. Though the Virgin blokes had a go at me once because sky had used "their" cabling that was run around "my" house. I politely told them what sky did with cables wrapped around my house is up to me and sky. Sounds like you were just unlucky.

I'm gonna echo the others here and say if it's been going on for so long without a fix then why stay with them? I would have given them 3 chances to fix - if that doesn't work, cancel my contract (a year should be up by that point obviously) and go elsewhere.

Man of Honour
They're NOT engineers for a start! :mad:

</elitism>

I think it's a case of 50/50 - but probably could have been handled better.

I can understand the frustration of the OP, but at the same time I can understand VM defending their staff.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Read the letter and It seems although the engineer may or may not have know what they are going on about, you must have said something rude/insulting to get her nerve up enough to report it.

Having a quick browse through your recent posts you seem to have a slight attitude / keyboard warrior problem.. so I can believe it.

Yeah, sounds like OP gets angry easily. While I've had a few bad experiences with Virgin, I'd say without further info I'm sliding towards Virgin on this one.

7 years is quite a long time to stay with them!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The only reason I have remained with Virgin through this is simply because ADSL services in my area are around 1mb and that dont fit with my current needs.

Apologies for making MY house so stand out - but I pay the bills. I too have had engineers out for TV issues and internet not relating to this and they've been fantastic. However I'm 90% sure as are Virgin Media Swansea ( Techs ) that this is a cable unground from house to box... and I'm guessing they are messing me about simply because its too big a job for one customer.

The engineer that came on Friday gone, was quite simply useless. She put on power restrictors that the managers removed on monday because they wasn't needed and would only make it worse I was told.
I asked the Engineer to leave because it was like speaking to one of there techs in India..basically doing the same thing over and over ... I'm sure this will sit just fine with some but I have trouble sitting there whilst I can be doing other things.

Where do I stand with the I must not be in the house when they come ? Its obviously my house and the PC they need to use is mine, and I wont be allowing them to use that If I am not supervising them.....

Soldato
for people who cant read the letter, I will use my amazing eye sight and copy it for you...

Dear Miss Winter

I am writing to you as the authorised account holder, at the request of Virgin Media senior management, regarding the behavior of a third party male during our last visit.

All our employees, weather located in the UK or abroad, deserve to be treated with the same respect they afford our customers. They are entitled to work in an environment free from physical and verbal abuse.

We understand it can be frustrating when things go wrong, and sometimes this can cause undue stress. However to enable us to ensure we give you the right help as soon as possible we do need your full cooperation.

As an interim measure i have noted your account that we will only deal with you, and no third party, i would appreciate it if you would instruct this person not to call us on your behalf in future, or to be present during any future visits to your property.

However i must advice you that if we receive any further reports of unacceptable behavior, virgin media may decide the best resolution would be to remove all services from your property.

Please be assured of our continued best attentions regarding your custom, and if you have any comments regarding this matter, please put them in writing to me at the above address.

Yours sincerely
Mr Toss pot

Yes im bored

Associate
OP

Whilst on the surface they appear bad.. I can assure you I wasn't the only one nor was I speaking out of context.
That was quite a few years ago too - I've matured a great deal since then.

AJK

AJK

Associate
I asked the Engineer to leave ...
Politely? Or did you start swearing the house down and telling her to get the **** out? Because none of us believe you'd have got that letter if you just said "sorry, this isn't working very well, let's end this visit now and I'll get back in touch with your office."

Where do I stand with the I must not be in the house when they come ? Its obviously my house and the PC they need to use is mine, and I wont be allowing them to use that If I am not supervising them.....

Apologising might be a good start.

Back
Top Bottom