What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
trust sent

I've bought/sold close to 30 vehicles, the mcn experience (my first time too) has truly been the worst of the lot. I don't like to criticise if I feel it's not warranted and I do try to be open and honest during a sale, seeing as I've never had any problems before, I think that I can say that I've done o.k. up to now.

Maybe it was just coincidence that a dozen or so callers were gits? :D

Oh, I';ve just took the blue one I put back on the road for a spin, dying to flog the blade so I can concentrate on sorting some new farings etc for it

Associate
trust sent

Cheers, mate, replied.

I was looking for a Daytona or a Street, with a budget of about £4.5k, but I couldn't justify spending that much on a second bike/toy. Thinking of getting myself something like your Blade for a more affordable option (ie: sub £2k), that way I don't have to get rid of the Bonnie.

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers Malc :) Sounds like mine might be out of his price range though. I'd be looking for around £5k. RR7 in Repsol colours. Lovely example, well maintained with a Yoshi exhaust and a few other bits n bobs :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Are you on Facebook ? There are some good Motorbike For Sale pages on there, I've joined a few recently & there's some well turned out bikes up for sale off Private owners, Loads between 1500 & 2000 that look well maintained & cared for bikes.
Only trouble is the bikes are dotted around the country but it's well worth a look to see if there's anything decent close enough to you to look at.

Associate
Yesterday MOT'd bike (K1300S). Failed on rear wheel bearing. Sat around a bit, got agreement it's covered under the BMW warranty thing I have. We were looking at a few days before they could do it, and even longer for the - i'm a lazy bugger - valet.

They've managed to sort out the bearing, do a fuel pump recall thing, do the valet and re-test for this afternoon. I'm most impressed. BMW Bahnstormer Maidenhead.

There's one last 'recall/fix' for an occasional hot-start issue, a thicker gauge of wire to the starter, that I'm not sure if they did yet though.

Associate
Booked myself in for a trackday at Silverstone on the 14th :D

Also ordered a new chain and sprockets, going to try the 520 -1/+2 everyone recommends (for the R6) to get a bit more mid range at the cost of top speed. Hopefully get them fitted this weekend!

Soldato
How is the Street? It's the current flavour of the month for a Bonnie replacement/stablemate.

Sorry, just spotted this.

The Street is fantastic in every way. You know how all the magazine reviewers always was lyrical over the Street? Well it's thoroughly deserved.
I genuinely think that my next bike will be another Street Triple. I can't think of anything that would suit me better.

Back
Top Bottom