What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Not usually a fan of coloured seats, but that works really well!

I had a red/white seat cover on my RD125LC and I was forever cleaning it, went back to black soon enough! I was a grubby handed 17yr old so that wouldn't have helped :D

Soldato
I had some new rubbers fitted, then proceeded to wear them up for 60 odd miles, in this lovely, damp, moist and horrid weather......lol!!

3I4Zi7j.jpeg

Associate
Got my renewal insurance quote through today on my scooter, up 50% over last years despite having 1 years extra no claims bonus. Nope.

Last edited:
Soldato
Replaced the brakes pads all round front & back, and whilst doing so i spotted some thing that has well & truly wrecked my month. looks like a gasket or seal has gone & the coolants gotten into the engine oil, i suspect it aint gonna be a cheap fix, if any one in Nottingham can recommend a shop to sort it ide greatly appreciate it.
7K578of.jpeg

Yea that ain't good.

Associate
Got a 2006 CBR1000RR a few weeks ago. Done a few little bits to it so far (new Noco lithium battery, healtech gear indicator, quadlock phone mount, programmed a 2nd key with a harness from Ebay)

Today I fitted a Puig Z screen in light smoke. Standard screen didn't seem that great at deflecting the wind so going to give this one a try to see if it makes any noticeable difference. Will see if it made any difference at the weekend if it's dry. I like the way it looks anyway :)

Man of Honour
Decided to fit the new chain and sprocket set I've had sitting in the shed since the start of last year.

Got everything in bits then found out my trusty 32mm sprocket socket that's been fine for the last decades worth of bikes was too small for the triumph... No worries Halfords had a cheap one in stock so off I went to get that.

Rear sprocket all sorted, chain chopped off, rear wheel back in, front sprocket all placed on the shaft... Then I finally unwrapped the chain that's been sat for 14 months. They'd only gone and sent me a 530 pitch when I'd ordered and needed 525 :o.

New chain ordered and a £90 lesson in why you should always check your packages when they arrive!

Now I need to wait for it to arrive, the weather gods to grace me with some dry vaguely warm weather and most importantly my wife to keep the baby amused. Taking all that into account the bike might be up and running around the end of the season :cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Follow on to the above as I had to spend out for a new chain anyway I really fancied a black/gold chain from either RK or EK as it will match the new stealth sprocket. 3 orders later (places showing in stock that had none) and I think I've finally got one on the way...it's just not meant to be :cry:

Soldato
Went round my dad's to try and start his rebuilt Norton International, but it wasn't having any of it. :( We're going to make a set of rollers to bump start it, as it's a sod to keep kicking over!

Been meaning to change the brake fluid on the 9 - got round to it today. I think it's fair to say it was *well* overdue!! Also had to take the side fairing off, as the bloody indicator bolt worked loose. Was a ballache, but all back together and a quick shakedown ride. In the rain. With winds and lots of standing water. Fun times!!

Yea, a bit,...... second hand?
K1Cw3m3.jpeg

Bloody indicator's fallen out. Urgh. I'll just sit in the rain and fix it then -.-
a04DEd2.jpeg

All done!
C0J1c3l.jpeg

Oh, and a pic of the Norton, just because

RPbTpAo.jpeg

Associate
When I can work out posting pictures I’ll pop some in the Show your bike thread! However today I removed all the boring stickers from the tank of my new (to me) 765 Street Triple R!

Back
Top Bottom