Steam Summer sale - 19-30th June

Soldato
Just after a bit of a recommendation, I'd like to get another FPS but can't decide between:

Shadow Warrior
Dishonored
Borderlands 2 (possibly GOTY pack)
Nether

I don't have much time to invest in a game with a lot of narrative and don't have the time/patience with puzzles and the like - I just want to be able to jump in/out of game and kill lots of stuff. Thanks!

Whatever you do, don't get Nether. The other three are quality, but very different types of games so do a bit of research into what each brings to the table. Shadow Warrior for OTT old-school fun, BL2 shines in co-op etc etc. I'll also recommend short-listing Singularity at 75% off for the duration of the sale. It's an unpolished gem.

Associate
Grabbed Dishonored as I had 2.56 in my steam wallet from selling cards and thought it was about time to pick it up. Is any of the DLC worth it? Probably won't bother with it until at least the Autumn sale though.

The knife of dunwall and brigamore witches are decent stories, playing as another character from the main game, that should be played in sequence.

Dunwall city trials are a series of challenges such as find clues to and assassinate the target, or kill x number of people in so many seconds. It's quite good when I want to play something challenging for a short period of time.

For the price I'd say it's worth getting them.

Soldato
I haven't played BL2 but enjoyed the first BL far more than Dishonoured. I was a bit disappointed with it.

The skills tree didn't seem to make much difference if you stealthed the game. I also had a fiddle with it a bit graphically as coming from Bishock Infinite it looked a bit pants at first. I used the graphic tweak mod but can't remember what its called.

Soldato
Guys, for some reason I can't really view all the listed games, or is it just me? The categories are awful and I simply want to filter games out of the entire list. Is there anyway of viewing this on the site and steam client?

All I do at the moment is view the main page and then maybe go into a genre every now and then.

Soldato
Borderlands 2 is a lot of fun, I haven't played Shadow Warrior personally but I'm sure many would say the same for that. It may be better for quick bursts of killing stuff but I'm not sure. Why not watch some youtube gameplay videos and make your choice?

Yea, thanks for the info, I'd read that about Nether but gameplay looks good on Youtube... can't be bothering with wasting my time on it though.

Thanks for the recommendations all, leaning towards Shadow Warrior I think.

Soldato
Yea, thanks for the info, I'd read that about Nether but gameplay looks good on Youtube... can't be bothering with wasting my time on it though.

Had a bit of a watch of both and still can't make my mind up!

Borderlands 2 is best when played in Co-Op with friends or even randoms, that might help sway your decision. Yes you can play it single player, but you are missing out on half the experience imho.

Not played Shadow Warrior but plenty of people I know loved it.

Soldato
Watchdogs is going for £16 on one of the CD key sites, the price is falling fast. Wait until next year and you will be able to get for about £5, and some of the performance issues may have been patched, if you are lucky.

Soldato
Does anyone know some easy games I could play to get a quick badge in? I would like to finish the Summer cards, but I don't think there are enough community choices left.

Caporegime
Does anyone know some easy games I could play to get a quick badge in? I would like to finish the Summer cards, but I don't think there are enough community choices left.

I've been through my entire library to get all the cards. It seems the Valve games dish out cards the quickest - you don't have to play the games, just run them so Steam says you are in-game and then ALT+TAB out and do something else.

Back
Top Bottom