BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
I can tell you that the E46 6 pots never die and you WILL like it when you drive it, even the auto.

Why would you want a Mondeo though? I know they are nice cars but they are definitely the 30+ age group cars (ST aside)

The only reason I was looking at them is because they are well priced, well equipped, comparatively cheap to repair, pretty reliable, fairly good looking, and the 2.5T is hardly a granny engine, it is the same lump that is in the Focus ST225, just slightly less tuned up. :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
What have you got now? :)

Same as before, but with a supercharged 5.4 V8 :) My sig is actually a photo of the speedo.

Edit: Still got a BMW (work hack) and the RR too, GF uses the latter as her runaround as it makes a great family car for the baby and shopping etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same as before, but with a supercharged 5.4 V8 :) My sig is actually a photo of the speedo.

Edit: Still got a BMW (work hack) and the RR too, GF uses the latter as her runaround as it makes a great family car for the baby and shopping etc.

Did the sbc counter thing with the limited pedal push thing not scare you ? :p

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I was reading that it happened to people on the R230. What kinda put me off and went with the DB9 instead :p

Oh right, no its really no issue. You can replace the unit for next to nothing too if it does ever run out of cycles (which I've never heard of irl) :)

Associate
That didn't really make much sense...

Speaking of insurance.... it's £20 cheaper for me to insure an Audi R8 V10 than it is to insure my M3 @ £900...

I think they're trying to tell me something!

Associate
You don't have any clue what spec you want, you haven't even decided if you want petrol or diesel, and you are ordering in the morning? Lol riiiiiight... :p

Yes I am, I have to order through work by tomorrow, I ordered a A3 Saloon, but the wait time is 46 weeks so I'm changing back to a one series, I wanted a 116d but have heard the diesels are sluggish

Caporegime
Okay well, read some reviews and watch some acceleration pulls and driving videos on Youtube. The model you decide on depends entirely on your driving style and annual mileage, as well as the types of roads you will be driving on, and the models which are actually available through your company... The Diesels aren't all sluggish, the 120D shifts pretty well, and the 123D (if they still make it?) is a rocket ship, especially after a re-map.

I drove an E87 118D M-Sport, and I must say that the ride was quite hard because of the combination of RunFlat tyres and the sports suspension, so I may be inclined to go for an SE because of the softer suspension.

As for the Petrols, well you have the 120i, the 118i which is a little slower than the 120i, and then the L6 models which I doubt are available to you through work?

We need more to work with. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I like to constantly accelerate between traffic lights in the middle of town, so I'll get a low powered diseasel hatch that I haven't looked into in the slightest

Sounds about right tbh

Man of Honour
Yes I am, I have to order through work by tomorrow, I ordered a A3 Saloon, but the wait time is 46 weeks so I'm changing back to a one series, I wanted a 116d but have heard the diesels are sluggish

What a surprise the bottom of the range 116d is not fast! the 116i on the other hand is a riot

Man of Honour
I don't need my z3 any more. I had it largely to stop people parking in front of my house as the x5 didn't fit in my car port. I've moved now and have plenty of parking. I went to move it a couple of days ago and something in the cooling system leaked so can't be driven. What is the best way to sell a 145k mile SORN car without a million pikies or tyre kickers coming over? I basically want it gone but would prefer to get some money for it.

Back
Top Bottom