Mechanical Keyboard Sample Kit

Associate
What's everyone's thought who have tried them all so far, I'd be getting a board for gaming and forum use, mainly gaming and quiet is always a bonus.

I thought brown would be my choice from reading on here. When I got the sampler I didn't like the Brown at all. I preferred the Blue switches the most.

Don
What's everyone's thought who have tried them all so far, I'd be getting a board for gaming and forum use, mainly gaming and quiet is always a bonus.

I own a daskeyboard 4 brown. After using the sampler, I would only consider brown or red keys.

Red are nice and light
Brown are very similar to red, with a little bump as the key registers
Blue are way too loud, click click click
Black seem too 'heavy'
White (not on the sampler) are clicky like blue, but even heavier than the blacks

-All down to personal preference of course :)

I will post them on when I get a chance, this week.

This thread is well worth a look..

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18523430

I wonder what clear, grey and green are like..

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

If you are after a gaming board I would go for Reds or Browns with a full set of o-rings.

I ended up going with browns as I preferred the little bit of extra weight needed and feedback from the switch over the reds.

I would go red/brown over the rest.

Blue is just waaaay to clicky for my liking and the blacks are pretty heavy to press.

Associate
Definitly sounds like I want red/brown then out of those as I would prefer a bit of effort to press the keys without that noisy rattling, feels like better build quality to me over the light cheapy feel.

Soldato
I ended up buying this board and recommend it highly, really nice board :D

I got it with browns, wouldn't go back to a normal keyboard again!

Did you buy it from ocuk? its cheaper elsewhere but ocuk refuse to price match. Margins and all that I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom