*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
TBH.. the 9:30 lot were on top form and as above I'd happily go through it again with you guys.

Didn't take that long either.. what was it 2 hours or so?

Happy lad here, got another raid item so all I need are the raid slippers and I'm onto 30 :D

Cheers Bennie-Mac.. I do my best lol.. in all fairness tho it was a team effort and worked beautifully!

Associate
TBH.. the 9:30 lot were on top form and as above I'd happily go through it again with you guys.

Didn't take that long either.. what was it 2 hours or so?

Happy lad here, got another raid item so all I need are the raid slippers and I'm onto 30 :D

Cheers Bennie-Mac.. I do my best lol.. in all fairness tho it was a team effort and worked beautifully!

i think it was 1hour and 30min. complete waste of time for me, just got junk again :(

nice ideas, i really enjoy doing the raid with different people, learn something new :) great team work guys :D

Last edited:
Associate
So, looks like Bungie are totally randomising the teleports during the final boss.. Meaning every player will have to be equipped and able to take on all jobs.

This is going to artificially increase the dufficultiy & length of time a Raid will take as everyone is going to have to learn to use the relic & it'll be much harder to drag lower level/worse equipped/less skilled players through.

Glad our group got through it this week on Normal, the second run next week will be a total pain in the backside. We had a good strategy of sending our best equipped/highest level players through the portal. It's going to be a cluster**** next time. :rolleyes:

Soldato
So, looks like Bungie are totally randomising the teleports during the final boss.. Meaning every player will have to be equipped and able to take on all jobs.

This is going to artificially increase the dufficultiy & length of time a Raid will take as everyone is going to have to learn to use the relic & it'll be much harder to drag lower level/worse equipped/less skilled players through.

Glad our group got through it this week on Normal, the second run next week will be a total pain in the backside. We had a good strategy of sending our best equipped/highest level players through the portal. It's going to be a cluster**** next time. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm.. why are they making the game harder with every update?

Its like they are punishing us?

But.. what can you do.. gotta work harder I guess :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
This game is going to push people to the point of quitting if they are not careful. Sounds like all those legendary / exotic guns you took ages upgrading will become average with the next set of missions / raid and they are making the raid ever harder. The VoG is probably one of the things keeping people playing and they are trying to make it harder to do unless you find a group of people who are really organised, well equipped, know the whole raid inside out and are all very high level.

Associate
Hmmmm.. why are they making the game harder with every update?

Its like they are punishing us?

But.. what can you do.. gotta work harder I guess :)

Thing is, they coded the game to teleport the three players furthest away from the boss, likely knowing the three players furthest back would be the weakest of the group. Now we've all cottoned on and are sending the strongest guys Bungie are spitting their dummy out.

Fixing knocking the bosses off the edge of the playing area needed to be done asap, as it is it's too late as there's a slew of players with all the best gear from the raid cos they cheesed it all the way. Now us legit players are going to have to grind like mad to get all our guns & armour up to scratch so we can do every part of the raid.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thats the irony of it all. The people that have been knocking Atheon off the ledge etc are basically farming it and probably have multiple characters that they use to run it twice a week and have got all the raid gear and weapons already. The people that are going to feel this update are those that are not quite so addicted.

Soldato
Everything else in the game is RNG so why not that part of the raid - thats my assumption for Bungies thinking. Did they really expect out of 3 million players that no one would figure it out?!

Soldato
Thats the irony of it all. The people that have been knocking Atheon off the ledge etc are basically farming it and probably have multiple characters that they use to run it twice a week and have got all the raid gear and weapons already. The people that are going to feel this update are those that are not quite so addicted.

Atheon is still very much killable even for a group of lv26/27s, the only difference is that now every player in the team must be capable of fulfilling every role on the last boss. The learning curve is higher but the fight is really not that much more difficult. To be honest I always thought all of the bosses were too easy on normal mode

Back
Top Bottom