*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
I'm happy to do another run of CE / VOG whenever (should be free most evenings - trying to pace myself on Xenoblade :D).

To my knowledge Atheon has all of the non quest related Pre CE Y1 exotics in his loot table (so he won't have Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, Thorn etc). Same goes for the Ir Yut and Crota checkpoints.

The Mrs wants the shader you get from POE 35 so up for that as well. :)

Associate
I'm happy to do another run of CE / VOG whenever (should be free most evenings - trying to pace myself on Xenoblade :D).

To my knowledge Atheon has all of the non quest related Pre CE Y1 exotics in his loot table (so he won't have Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, Thorn etc). Same goes for the Ir Yut and Crota checkpoints.

The Mrs wants the shader you get from POE 35 so up for that as well. :)

I should be around tonight if you fancy a POE run

Soldato
Skolas down and the Mrs is super happy with her new ship & shader. I must say the lvl 35 POE is now actually enjoyable (outside the banter). When it was "fresh" it was a right mare. Watching the yellow bar captains die so quick was oh so satisfying! (EDIT: You are certainly right about Raze Lighter - I should get my ass in gear to get mine).

Did a couple of strikes with the Mrs after (she wanted to test out the Her Mercy drop - turns out "meh" is in order) and managed to get the new Hunter Exotic chest piece from an exotic engram. :)

Soldato
A little... lol! It makes for a very good companion to Xenoblade (plus prevents burn out).

I would be up for a bit of raiding / POE / Trials at the weekend. :)

(I should probably run a bit of PVP.... might be a tad rusty otherwise :p)

Soldato
I'd be up for giving Trials a go at the weekend. Got shedloads of passage coins (what do I do with those?), and I'd quite like to see the Lighthouse. But then again, I'm not *that* good at PvP... Especially when my brain insists on using handcannons all the time.

Soldato
Passage coins allow you to buy the boons which can help for Trials (forgives a loss for example - allowing you to go flawless with technically one loss).

Getting to the Lighthouse is half skill and half luck. When I ran numerous times with Mid_Gen and Greboth we would always get to 8 wins an then come up against either a God like team (as in we couldn't even touch them) or a bunch of lagging ****'s. I have seen the lighthouse back in Yr 1 conditions when I ran with Moe.

I used to be "ok" at PVP so happy to give it another crack. I certainly won't be carrying anyone but IIRC my lifetime average K/D is around 1.4-1.5. I would probably just use something that I feel comfortable with even if it technically isn't that great. Suros Regime was always my go-to when I wanted to get back into PVP. Decent all rounder which helps get my aim back on track. :)

Soldato
Elimination (which IIRC is Trials without the loot) very much comes down to good communication > everything else.

This is most likely why Trials does not have matchmaking.

Soldato
Its communication and just being cool to be honest, if you just remain calm and have decent team chemistry it will do wonders, but not flawless every time but your team will do well. The main issue I have is lag. On Friday it was nice only had 1 laggy match, on Saturday/Sunday it was beyond stupid, I would land headshots and it would never count (Saved the clip and rewatched), people teleporting all over, not even seeing someone and dying. Too stupid at times.

Also the only good thing from flawless is a weapon you can infuse, the packages have better loot I would say, the weapons this year are pretty meh and I've just used them too get my primaries too 320.

Associate
Aww yiss more PvP discussion :) I'm sure our resident MLG High Skill player will come in and give elite tips such as:

- Be good
- Don't be bad
- Be top 10k
- Have really good teammates
- Use good weapons
- Use grenades

:rolleyes: In all seriousness: There are lots of good YouTubers and Twitch streamers out there (I can list a few if you need) and I know this gets posted a lot, but they really are a good place to start. Watching some of these guys will give you a good understanding of common mistakes, what not to do, map control, how to call out, when to push, when to use supers etc.

There was a thread on Crucible Playbook recently about playing to win, while some may see it as elitist, the TL,DR is "The goal is to play as excellently as possible"

Essentially this means that unless you are truly 1%, then you should do everything possible to try and succeed. In a nutshell, the two most popular loadouts are either TLW + 1000 Yard Stare or Mida + high range shotgun (maybe add in pulse rifles if you can 4-burst or teamshot). By not using these, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

My advice would be practice 3v3 playlists, and unless you feel confident with a shotgun, pick up a 1K Yard Stare with Shortgaze and practice sniping.

Associate
I didn't seem to do too badly at all in IB, but the few games of Elimination I've played I've been a bit rubbish. Just need to play it more I think.

Like Venom says, a lot of PVP (esp. Elimination and Trials) are all about having a good team that you gel with. Some stuff can be played well solo but personally I have a lot more fun with team. My first few goes at Trials I was awful, I'm still not great but the last few times I've played I've been improving. It def helps having understanding team mates who don't mind helping you learn and give encouragement and you'll have that with most of the PS4 chaps off here, same as the XB1 crowd (Phog, Thor, McD, RPS, Gord, the list goes on!).

Def watch the streamers though and take note of the weapons mentioned.

Soldato
There was a thread on Crucible Playbook recently about playing to win, while some may see it as elitist, the TL,DR is "The goal is to play as excellently as possible"

This is a good post, I often bitch about people using Thorn and their Y1 sniper shotguns, but its the best stuff can't really blame them for Bungo's short comings in weapon balance.

Also yeah for Trials really only recommend using TLW/Mida and 1k stare (those low impact snipers that weapon might use are useless, can't kill supers, can't res snipe, and not the best for team shooting as the body shot damage is pretty low), and a high range high impact shotgun.

Rest is having the right stats (dis/int/str), and the best subclass/perks.

Soldato
I had my first PVP game in what must be 3-4 months last night. I learnt a couple of things:

1) I really should not play PVP when I am tired
2) I didn't have the right load out at all since all the changes
3) I really should not play PVP when I am tired!

Managed to scrub my way through. First death got tea bagged, got my revenge with two kills back to back... One with Golden gun & one with my sniper straight after when he spawned in the most unfortunate spot... I gave him a wave both times! :p

Back
Top Bottom