*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Caporegime
OK I think we need this as honestly Raids are probably important than you think right now so worth getting yourself in a situation where you are capable (min. level 26 for Vault of Glass IMHO) and a group that can meet and organise. Just use this thread to talk about Raid only, use the other main thread for anything else!

Reason why I say this is because of Raid gear, the stuff you get in the Vault of Glass will get you ready for the next Raid AFAIK - it basically looks like if you want to enjoy them you have to have do them all to get a proper chance. It also means more options when stuff like Iron Banner opens up - exotics arent the be all and end all really...

Ive got around halfway in the VoG and really enjoyed what Ive done so far, its like multiple strikes with some cool stuff between each one to negotiate - feel like its rewarded the grind to get to level 26...

Well thats my bit, please if you think something you wanna ask/say is a spoiler, tag it as such with at least something above it indicating whats in the spoiler tags.

I would love to see who thinks they can do the trophies that are associated with the Raids (except the standard complete one or within a clan one)

EDIT: Im not sure if you can join multiple Raid parties doing the same Raid arounf the same time, but if you can Im willing to offer my services - if someone can clear up what the lock outs are that would be grand :)

Resources:

Destiny Looking For Group
NeoGAF Raid Grouping thread
First Chest(Spire formed):
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss battle: Templar:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only)
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Second Chest(Secret Room):
Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Third Chest (Before Gorgon):
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Fourth Chest (Gorgon Maze)
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon:
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (Hard Mode only)
Raid Helmet (Hard Mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (Hard Mode only)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yeah I thought people would exchange details and arrange suitable times to play rather than chase the spares they needed right there and then...

Caporegime
OP
No its jump > R2 (shoot) for the slam - use R1 (melee) to break shields as its a bit easier when you have multiple ones

Should have it done and dusted tomorrow as spent yesterday just getting back to the final boss. Got him down to 25% last time so should be easily done...

EDIT: Just realised you mentioned shoot button - didnt think people would have remapped controls!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Sorry Soulja is that what you wanted yesterday? Was helping a friend so couldnt join. Happy to join you raid but wont get a chance to do so til Wednesday as still trying to get all our raid party through

Caporegime
OP
This raiding business is becoming very annoying. Still haven't managed to get it done. Been invited to a few but have been too busy each time as invites come in late when I've already made other plans - then when I am free others are busy - typical really.

Will be looking to do it 1 night next week.

Haven't done it but have had most kills on all of the 80+ strikes I've done and finish top in Crucible 95% of the time so pretty sure I'll be able to offer plenty input!

Only thing is I need to know in advance usually but I'll try to be flexible next week so I can join in to fill a spot if need be
Being able to kill stuff really isnt the main attribute you need - being able to co-ordinate is probably more essential especially when you have to break into groups doing seperate tasks but depend on each other to hold up their side...
Yep, we got so far and then NeoReloaded had to leave so I spammed invites out in the hope we could get one more to join :D I really enjoy the team work aspect of raids and I can understand why they said it would be with friends only. It could get rather annoying with randoms that don't talk.
Ah, think we were doing the daily heroic at level 28 or one of the queens missions at the time. If you need me just preface a message and I can normally drop most things if Im on Destiny - I get a fair few blind fireteam invites so tend to ask first before Id join...

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Perhaps you looked at this wrongly when you decided to put all your eggs with your friends who've let you down?

Its why I made the MP thread weeks early and why I made this raid thread to encourage people to group up not just as a pick-up game, but to get maybe a decent raid group that members that play at the same times, so doing the raid is easier to organise. I have to be honest I'm confused how people are going about trying to get a raid party, makes more sense to delineate when you can play rather than say 'anyone for a raid?'. Its not gonna be cleared in one evening unless you've done it all before...

You have to remember that its still the minority that's got upto raiding status (games only been out 3 weeks) so you might have to bide your time until there's more people around that want/can to do it.

And no the coordination you need is far more than a basic skill - its not for killing things - I think you need to get your head around that most things are easily killed once you have a suitable light level. Killing stuff isn't the hardest thing to do in the raid...

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Completely agree with you everyone thats still playing Destiny needs to get themselves into raids - it's why you are levelling up for. I wouldn't say VoG will blow your mind but it very much made me think 'OK the grind to this was worth it'.

Time with this game tends to blur so I can understand the frustration as I was getting annoyed not being able to raid for a few days. I'm not sure what the majority is getting out of Destiny if they aren't raiding, perhaps we need to encourage more to not ignore it (I think the lack of matchmaking automatically makes most just ignore it on here). Raiding is the thing to do in MMORPGs but it still is a hardcore thing to do/organise...

I'm sure as soon as people get to level 26 they'll start thinking about raiding, most in this thread no doubt already had it in their heads that they wanted to raid so had to get to level 26 ASAP...

I can happily be a sub when I can (most evenings) - I'm already in a raid party of about 10 people so generally doing it with them but would like to help fellow ocukers if I can...

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Its just not worth being under-levelled due to the damage reduction - end up being a liability potentially as you get locked out of being revived for 30seconds when you die too...

Caporegime
OP
Maxilive - might aswell put me down as a sub, I wanted to get an alt through the raid but wont be raid ready tomorrow. Im completing it tonight again with my main raid group so I should be free with my main if need be.

Caporegime
OP
I'll try and be around tonight - unfortunately I got into the Bloodborne alpha so that's also on tonight so like to play that as much as possible as its limited to 3 nights.

I'll probably play as my level 28 Sunsinger as I won't get my Titan past level 24 I think :(

Caporegime
OP
If this is for 8 then I'll make it if needed - just message me. Happy to help and I've already completed it a few times already so I might be useful. My personal motivation is to try and get through the raid with another character and it would be nice to try it with another group as I know its a pain to get 6 people at a time...

If not needed but you want some ideas just throw me a party chat invite

Caporegime
OP
watching a step-by-step walkthrough before attempting the raid for yourself completely ruins all the challenge of the raid in the first place.

i don't recommend watching any guide videos unless you have been wiping on the same spot for 1hr+ first..
People complain about Destiny's lack of content then ruin the best bit of content before they get to experience it first hand - its a bizarre need to complete the raid for the sake of it ('omg guyz look at me Im level 30 epenis!1!') and not to enjoy it for what it is and rely on your own brains to work out what to do yourself.

I had great enjoyment helping out the raid team yesterday and tried to only give pointers and hints when it was obvious they were getting frustrated. It was just nice to hear people try it and at some points come up with better ideas then when I did it the first time...

Caporegime
OP
Anyone doing this tomorrow on the PS4? I might have my Titan to a useful level - hes 25 atm, but I still need to run him through the Queens stuff so I might hit 26. Ill be around from 7ish

Caporegime
OP
Anyone game for finishing off the raid tonight before the reset? I've got the checkpoint for Atheon!

I'm open to suggestions around times, but I'm thinking around 7 PM / 8 PM to kick it off. I roughly know what I'm doing!

1 - UberGinge (27 Sunsinger Warlock)
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

This is on PS4!
Don't fancy a quick run through at all afterwards? Fancy a level 25 Titan in the group though?

Caporegime
OP
I've just hit level 26 so hopefully I'm not too much of a burden. If we do rerun it afterwards it might be an idea for me to hold the shield as I'll be doing the lowest damage.

What time is this happening?

Caporegime
OP
We tried the hard run last week and just getting to the point with the oracles on the second stage was very tough. Goblins just were taking a few seconds to drop so we kept on getting pushed back once Minotaurs were around then enrage happened and no one could see the floor for enemies.

That's with us as level 27-29s, sure it's possible but I expect you'd need to go on with fully upgraded guns and new fallback plans. Nothing to do with comms, more I think how resistant the enemy is...

I really want that raid void auto before attempting it again

Back
Top Bottom