Dying Light - PC next gen zombie open world game?

Associate
Well I just completed it... It was OK nothing special but I enjoyed it... Well except the climbing... I really didn't think my fear of heights would translate into a game...

Associate
there is usually seems

orange wepaons - 5repairs
purple - 4 repairs
blue (?) - 3 repairs
green - 2 repairs.

also you can spec in the talent tree that there is a chance to not use 1 repairing chance when you repair the weapon.

however as you lvl up your earlier upgraded weapons are worthless damage wise compared to weapons you find.

Soldato
Well I just completed it... It was OK nothing special but I enjoyed it... Well except the climbing... I really didn't think my fear of heights would translate into a game...

yes, but it does because this game has damned good graphics/audio, making it seem very realistic...you wait till you try climbing with a 4K OLED 65'' TV in two year time !!!! :eek:

this game will be really good fun when you go back after finishing it, all games are like this, they're never that good until you repeat them......FC3 is miles better now than 2 years ago.

Soldato
there is usually seems

orange wepaons - 5repairs
purple - 4 repairs
blue (?) - 3 repairs
green - 2 repairs.

also you can spec in the talent tree that there is a chance to not use 1 repairing chance when you repair the weapon.

however as you lvl up your earlier upgraded weapons are worthless damage wise compared to weapons you find.

just use the shot gun, rifle or pistol and keep a spare axe in reserve when you want to kill silently..............but a gun attracts Zombies ? ....yea exactly ;) but they run straight into both barrels dont they :D

the only ones you need worry about are the Volatiles at night, because during the day the really massive zombies cant chase you....

normally if you fire the gun during the day you'll get two or three of those screamers after you....after that you're usually safe, because attracting those screamers is the best part of the game :D

dont fire your gun at night on the rooftops :D:D or you'll attract those screamers plus the Volatiles as well..........man you'll die instantly.

what to do :-

replay the game in Sector 0, hang around there for hours on end, close to a Trader so you can keep buying Ammo, it'll be so much fun.

Soldato
there is usually seems

orange weapons - 5 repairs
purple - 4 repairs
blue (?) - 3 repairs
green - 2 repairs.

Thanks for that :)

Unless I'm missing it I can't even find a pdf manual about all the stuff in the game.

Man of Honour
So essentially the key is to do as many side missions as possible and level up before progressing through each main story segment in order to have all the best skills and new weapon upgrades?

I've been upgrading existing weapons every time so should probably ease off a little with that!

Associate
So essentially the key is to do as many side missions as possible and level up before progressing through each main story segment in order to have all the best skills and new weapon upgrades?

I've been upgrading existing weapons every time so should probably ease off a little with that!

i barely upgrade my weapons, i'm only crafting them once they break i make another one :p

Man of Honour
Hmm I see. Stamina and other parkour skills I think, being able to slide, jump and dodge/bust away from them is probably the ideal thing to level up with. Especially the faster climbing abilities!

Soldato
I craft and upgrade my weapons, Its how I have a few 300-500 damage single handed weapons.

For those saying its difficult to get down from places... absolute tosh, You just have to learn what you can and cannot jump onto.

Awnings, Car roofs (I think), Van Roofs, Trash piles and Dumpsters all break your fall regardless of how high you jump from. I know for a fact that I have climbed to the top of the bridge tower and lept off onto a van roof and not taken 1 bit of fall damage.

Soldato
When you learn to craft Koreks you're home free, can't be repaired but they still do insane damage when "broken". I've always got one with me.

Soldato
Anyone fancy a bit of coop tonight at about 9pm ? My character is about level 10 and I'm not in the next area yet. Thinking of messing about and possibly doing some missions. Let me know cheers

Soldato
I did it i finished the game :D but it was very hard, i died loads of times, climbing that Skyscraper was a bitch, it's easily the hardest game i've ever played, i need to chill out now, i'm still shaking with terror and this was 10 mins ago :eek:

but from now on it should be great fun... that's the worst of it over, it looks like from his final words that they're going to make a 2nd game :eek:

the key to that Skyscraper is never look down and jump with your eyes half closed.... it's so damned scary.

Associate
Finally got round to starting this game as my new card turned up today. The mechanics seem pretty good so far. Using the 360 pad and works well. Turned some settings down and get 50-60 fps on a single 980. Enjoyed it so far!

Soldato
I stopped using the UV light, I found the flares far better especially when you're trying to pick someone up.

i didn't have a UV Light, so i had to use flares and Firecrackers instead.... i also had no Health, because he died so often that i used it all up, so i had to kill the zombies in the Skyscraper by throwing Stars, i didn't have enough health to fight them.

Associate
Game for me runs terribly! Shocking lag on cut scenes and on occasion, when free looking and attacking NPC's. All other games for me are fine! I am forcing CF (1x1 optimised) I have turned off GameWorks stuff, DoF and AO.
My draw distance is at around 25% everything else is how game auto set, which is maxed out, except shadow map which is set at high. I have tried lowering details to low, but appears to make no difference!
Any ideas, or just run with a single card? until AMD and developers work on a fix!
Have to say, with latest patch 1.0.3 and a few weeks since release, I thought most of the bugs would have been addressed!
What is it about PC gamers beat testing games at the moment? They should not be this badly optimised, especially for dual VGA cards, the list of games not properly working with CF is ever growing!
Rant over, I just want to play the damn game!

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished and, ending aside, it's a great game. All I have left to do now is the quarantine zones, bar the 1 I've done, and the challenges. I seem to have done all the side missions. When the really hard mode is introduced I may start again.

Permabanned
Finished it @ 39hours according to Steam.

Think the ending might be a queue for a sequel to milk it? The story was quite crap but the gameplay I found was spot on. I didn't have any problems past the first day.

If it helps anyone, I updated my drivers (290 at 2560x1600 all on medium with no AA and draw distance at 50%).Made sure to have everything else turned off and also made sure my mic was unplugged, noticed it had an open mic even in private single player games.

Back
Top Bottom