Advice Wife being kicked out of uni

Soldato
She isn't a standard student it's a social work course! They are very strict for good reason and it's made clear from day one! When I qualified we had people kicked off for what they put on Facebook

The same professional standards as qualified social workers are applied to students from the start

Yup, spot on. You don't want a social worker who's a druggy, no exceptions.

Associate
Who said the student it taking it regularly? Maybe it was a one off. Maybe you need to come into the real world?... Did you know nearly 40 - 50% of people from 12 - 65 have tried recreational drugs at least once in their life.

And this makes it ok.. how?

Just because everyone else does something wrong, does not mean you can. Like speeding. "Speeding", ho ho.

Associate
She isn't a standard student it's a social work course! They are very strict for good reason and it's made clear from day one! When I qualified we had people kicked off for what they put on Facebook

The same professional standards as qualified social workers are applied to students from the start

No wonder social work is such a mess.

Caporegime
You need to come into the real world, try that on many jobs and you'll be sacked if you're found out.

For example any job working with heavy machinery with have a zero drugs policy.

on the other hand, in some areas of finance, it seems to be rather common despite being officially against the rules - I'd suspect that some 'random' drugs tests aren't so random... so long as the douchebags are doing well at work a blind eye would seem to be turned

on the subject of the OP - WTF did she hope to achieve be informing on a fellow student? Also it seems highly unlikely that anything serious will happen to her simply because she didn't follow the exact procedure when reporting the matter, the fact is she did report it and so in their eyes there can't be that big an issue for her

Last edited:
Soldato
on the subject of the OP - WTF did she hope to achieve be informing on a fellow student? Also it seems highly unlikely that anything serious will happen to her simply because she didn't follow the exact procedure when reporting the matter, the fact is she did report it and so in their eyes there can't be that big an issue for her

Potentially saving a life.

Could you imagine another baby P. Whereby the social worker in charge was making bad choices because she liked to do coke and people around her knew and didn't say anything.

Ok maybe over the top but..

Caporegime
if anything the baby P case demonstrates that social workers are quite capable of being utterly incompetent without the aid of drugs, while not condoning drugs use I'm not sure that someone doing the occasional line or smoking a bit of weed etc.. poses any more of a problem than someone who likes a few drinks on a Friday night

Soldato
if anything the baby P case demonstrates that social workers are quite capable of being utterly incompetent without the aid of drugs, while not condoning drugs use I'm not sure that someone doing the occasional line or smoking a bit of weed etc.. poses any more of a problem than someone who likes a few drinks on a Friday night

This!

Soldato
how are the uni going to prove any of this ? like literallly any of it

when speaking to the mentor was it done with a witness taking notes ? was anyone drug tested ?

surely you cant throw someone off a course they paid thousands for over she said he said gossip and nonsense ? seems a bit easy.

right so it seems its different because its a 'working' course. still seems too easy

we have a zero drugs policy at work , its one of the only things people ever get sacked for , but it still takes a lot of evidence gathering etc

what if your mentor didnt like you ? could they just make up a story that you did drugs once and have you kicked off ?

Last edited:
Caporegime

exposes them to potential blackmail and manipulation though.

Soldato
I'm not sure that someone doing the occasional line or smoking a bit of weed etc.. poses any more of a problem than someone who likes a few drinks on a Friday night

or drinks every night !

i could go to work every day a hungover mess and be able to pass a breathalyser but still not concentrate on my job 100% because im busy concentrating on the crippling headache , the shakes and the sickness

Associate

If they are so rigorous they boot people out for posting on facebook then why do they make so many egregious high profile errors? That's only the ones we hear about them making. Inefficient do-gooders or careerist box tickers using the massive apparatus of councils to squash people. When it all goes wrong it's hands out for a pay out or some sympathy about being overworked.

Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

Permabanned

You clearly know nothing about baby P :rolleyes:

Soldato
I wouldnt think legal advice would help you at all, the uni has its own procedures which you signed up for when you joined. She needs advice from the student union, not a lawyer who wont have a scooby and cost ££££

not really - the law takes president no matter what the uni 'rules' are.
just because you sign something doesn't make it legal.

Back
Top Bottom