Lightroom CC releasing tomorrow?

Caporegime
I'm downloading Lightroom 6 (perpetual) as I type. Don't like CC, and it will work out cheaper if adobe take another 2 years to update it.
Curious to see how it runs on a 5k screen.

That is the thing, CC is more expensive and it is not as if you have to upgrade each time.

I'm going to get th trial and see if I like the new features.

Soldato
OP
I just can't find a way to download it at all.. it's not in the CC app and when I click on download from their webpage it just downloads the CC app :( probably me being stupid!

And I'm also curious how it runs for you as I'm still waiting for my iMac 5K to arrive.. I hope it runs well otherwise I'm going to cry.

"Performance does depend on hardware. As you might expect, the difference on the iMac with 5K Display is dramatic."

http://www.macworld.com/article/2912679/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-cc-2015-review-new-features-and-major-performance-gains.html

I'm happy that I won't have to run LR at 1440p. The lower pixel density hurts my eyes now it seems.

Last edited:
Soldato
"Performance does depend on hardware. As you might expect, the difference on the iMac with 5K Display is dramatic."

http://www.macworld.com/article/2912679/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-cc-2015-review-new-features-and-major-performance-gains.html

I'm happy that I won't have to run LR at 1440p. The lower pixel density hurts my eyes now it seems.

Sounds good !

In the general/catalog settings there's an option for Standard Preview Size. You can set it to auto and it detects the best for the monitor, may be worth looking at that and see if it makes a difference with 5K or if it has a performance hit.

Soldato
Great new features, looking forward to do improved Filter brush tool and Pano.

A few good updates, the filter brush is very handy, it's been in Camera Raw for ages so surprised it took so long to get to lightroom.

The HDR is OK but very slow and working on the file afterwards is painfully slow.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Hmm, can't get it to open on Windows PC!
Installed on MacBook and running OK, but on my Windows PC if I have task manager open I can see the process starts then disappears again almost immediately.

Tried uninstalling and trying again but same thing.

Any ideas?
It's Windows 8.1.

Man of Honour
I have a CC subscription via work but I only use that at work so don't want to use the same account at home on my personal production work. So therefore I must wait for the standalone copy to hit retail channels :(

Soldato
I have a CC subscription via work but I only use that at work so don't want to use the same account at home on my personal production work. So therefore I must wait for the standalone copy to hit retail channels :(

You want a boxed version? why not just download it?

Man of Honour
That's what I mean, standalone as in outside of creative cloud, not "boxed" :p

Getting on it now!

Edit*
The download link is only for the trial, which uses Creative Cloud... I want the standalone package just like I have with Lightroom 5.7.

Edit2*
Found the link to "Lightroom 6" - Always confusing CC with x.x versions. Must remember, x.x is standalone, Package CC is cloud install :p $79 to upgrade from 5.7 to LR6. not bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's what I mean, standalone as in outside of creative cloud, not "boxed" :p

Getting on it now!

Edit*
The download link is only for the trial, which uses Creative Cloud... I want the standalone package just like I have with Lightroom 5.7.

Edit2*
Found the link to "Lightroom 6" - Always confusing CC with x.x versions. Must remember, x.x is standalone, Package CC is cloud install :p $79 to upgrade from 5.7 to LR6. not bad.

hehe you got there in the end :)

Yeah that's not a bad price at all.

Man of Honour
Wow the Adobe website is shocking. Trying to buy the sodding piece of software and it keeps telling me:

Error in Your Order

The account was registered for a different country. Please sign out and sign in using an existing account for this country.

Well no duh, it's a UK account! It's the same account I bought Lightroom 5 from when that came out (and I can see it in the account area as previous orders/active products) so why it isn't playing ball for LR6 I don't know.

Edit*
Managed to get the UK checkout link from livechat. What a faff!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom