*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
I found a fix for this, I found this awesome tool
http://www.rootjunky.com/debloater-tool-android/

You can disable loads of apps without root. So just disable "sec.android.inputmethod". I also disabled loads of other pesky Samsung apps. But be careful as you can stop your phone from functioning properly.

Thanks. Just killed about 30 Samsung packages :D Losing the keyboard is the best one though.

Soldato
i'd be looking at something along the lines of that tomorrow when I can upgrade with EE!

wouldn't they go lower??

I could probably have got them down to £30-32 if I had really pushed, but I wasn't prepared to spend another half hour on the phone and thought £34 was reasonable. It's a £46 contract apparently. At that price the phone should have been £50.

Only £9 a month more than what I've been paying for 1gb (though I had +5gb free, but that's another story) so pretty pleased to be honest.

Associate
i got my s6 edge yesterday but it arived earlyer int he week opened the box to descover scratched screen and a deep scratch beside the camara, its been sitting in its box since 13-14 hopefully vodafone will exchange it the joys of being offshore

Soldato
Ok so flashing stock recovery again after root fixed a bit of my battery drain, and meant my phone can enter deep sleep. However, this is only on Wifi, I could easily get 6 hours screen time but it's as soon as I come off Wifi the problems arise. Each app hangs on "Mobile Active Radio", it's becoming tiresome now, i've factory reset and wiped cache countless times to no avail.

Soldato
Ok so flashing stock recovery again after root fixed a bit of my battery drain, and meant my phone can enter deep sleep. However, this is only on Wifi, I could easily get 6 hours screen time but it's as soon as I come off Wifi the problems arise. Each app hangs on "Mobile Active Radio", it's becoming tiresome now, i've factory reset and wiped cache countless times to no avail.

This seems to be common problem with the current method of rooting.

Soldato
This seems to be common problem with the current method of rooting.

Are you referring to the "Mobile Active Radio"? Currently at 81% with SoT at 57 minutes, and taken off charge at 5 Hrs 30 minutes ago. However, Whatsapp, Android OS, Google Play Services, are above it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone on Vodafone received their accessory pack??

I called up and apparently they are coming direct from Samsung

Had my phone since release day, still no accessory pack

Soldato
Are you referring to the "Mobile Active Radio"? Currently at 81% with SoT at 57 minutes, and taken off charge at 5 Hrs 30 minutes ago. However, Whatsapp, Android OS, Google Play Services, are above it.

^^ thats pretty good battery usage.

This "Mobile Active Radio" issue you're experiencing is actually an Android Lollipop problem. Not sure what we can do, until Google patches it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/help/figured-mobile-radio-active-bug-t3024803

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom