• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
OK few things.

W8.1 15.7 catalyst are pants. Seriously.
I went back to 15.6. Yes I do not have Freesync with Crossfire, but even with CF off the screen was getting grainy from time to time, like I lowered the screen resolution to 50 or so.

And this was happening on all games, both in CF and non-CF modes. Had the same issue with the 15.xx from guru3d.

And nothing to do with low fps on freesync, because the FPS were 70+ and I do not have that issue with the 15.6 or earlier drivers, all way back to April when I got the XL2730Z.

Soldato
Xmbc to play my blu rays. Or the not so legal stuff?

Xbmc to play Blu-ray with the use of Anydvd Hd to remove the encryption that prevents blu-rays from playing, I used to crack the Anydvd Hd but I now pay for it. Xbmc has great support for dolby,hd audio master and customization of sound and video, not sure about your shonky 21:9 ratio though .
:0

Soldato
I have had to roll back to older driver version because the latest was causing BSOD and black screen when waking from sleep for me. :(

Owning an AMD system has just been a massive ball ache for me the past 12 months.

Soldato
Yes.

My problem is it not actually being able to open the Blu-ray :p. As in, the physical disc. If I use an ISO of a Blu-ray it's fine (But I imagine that ISO has been stripped of stuff etc), but it has never ever ever worked via my Blu-ray drive.

Erm.... you do have something to deal with the the encryption, right? TMT or PowerDVD remove it on the fly, AnyDVD HD too, freeware players like VLC or MPC-HC won't as they as they havn't paid for the expensive licence to deal with HDCP.

Otherwise you'll have to strip it out offline a.k.a. MakeMKV etc. Which is what your ISO's have had done to them.

Caporegime
Erm.... you do have something to deal with the the encryption, right? TMT or PowerDVD remove it on the fly, AnyDVD HD too, freeware players like VLC or MPC-HC won't as they as they havn't paid for the expensive licence to deal with HDCP.

Otherwise you'll have to strip it out offline a.k.a. MakeMKV etc. Which is what your ISO's have had done to them.

I use TMT normally, it's nice, everything just works, menu's etc. It's the complete package.
I'm using the passkey with VLC at the moment which works fine for playback, as an overall solution it's inferior to TMT. But VLC instructions just have you put in a key file and aacs file to get "playback", but their solution for me has never worked. Using Passkey's fine though, but I don't want to use Passkey, feels like such a dodgy solution. I just want a proper package. Which unfortunately just doesn't work with AMD's Windows 10 Drivers, hence my post in this thread :p

Associate
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but on 15.7 with Windows 10, I get messed up textures with garish colour on Far Cry 4. Settings at Ultra with Gameworks features off. Card is a 295X2.

Turns out the issue seems to be with fur in particular. If I switch it off then the trippy colours stop, but animals appear white until I'm very close to them. Really weird. Anyone getting anything similar?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Maybe a bit off topic but I don't want to start a thread for it so here's my issue

I'm no longer able to use vsr? in my games. My monitor is a 1920 x1080 and up until recently I was running my games at 2560 x 1440. I have a Win 8.1 pro OS, i7 and 290x running the latest drivers 15.7.

Why do none of the games now offer higher than 1080p?

Could I of accidentally turned the feature off somehow and if so how is it turned on and off?

Cheers.

EDIT: Don't worry I found it, Not that any of you was worrying.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok so after some more playing with the 15.7 drivers my Witcher 3 experience is getting better but still not quite perfect.
The main issue is that when playing with Xfire enabled the core clocks on both gpus on my 295x2 keep jumping up and down. Gpu 1 fluctuates between 1020 (the speed set in MSI Afterburner) and about 950 while gpu 2 very rarely gets to the 1020 target and spends most of it time in the low 900s sometimes dropping down as low as 850. This seems to cause quite a bit of stuttering and even though my fps is around 80 the frame times are all over the place.
The temperatures are in the high 60s so not at the throttling limit and my power limit is set to +50% so that shouldn't be the issue either, ULPS is also disabled.
Any thoughts what could be the problem here?

Man of Honour
Ok so after some more playing with the 15.7 drivers my Witcher 3 experience is getting better but still not quite perfect.
The main issue is that when playing with Xfire enabled the core clocks on both gpus on my 295x2 keep jumping up and down. Gpu 1 fluctuates between 1020 (the speed set in MSI Afterburner) and about 950 while gpu 2 very rarely gets to the 1020 target and spends most of it time in the low 900s sometimes dropping down as low as 850. This seems to cause quite a bit of stuttering and even though my fps is around 80 the frame times are all over the place.
The temperatures are in the high 60s so not at the throttling limit and my power limit is set to +50% so that shouldn't be the issue either, ULPS is also disabled.
Any thoughts what could be the problem here?

Freesync enabled? It will do that, but shouldn't cause the fps to lose smoothness.

Associate
CCC wouldn't load for me first time after install, so I just re-ran the install over the top again and after a reboot it loaded fine.
I put mine down to me having played about with the last two or three leaked/hacked drivers that where doing the rounds.

Soldato
Matt, Joe or anyone need some help. Pulling my hair out here this afternoon.

I cant seem to get Freesync working on my BenQ screen. I bought two MSI Gaming 390 cards which arrived today to get Freesync goodness, but for some reason, in my CCC there is NO option to enable or disable Freesync. I've been told it's found on the "My Digital Flat Panels>Properties and then it should be right down the bottom. I have nothing there or anywhere regarding Freesync, Ive removed and reinstalled 15.7 drivers, I'm just using 1 card in my system just incase its the crossfire causing issues, but nothing. I dont get any message flash up regarding Freesync at all when it detects the screen.

Any ideas? I've tried multiple DP cables but nothing.

Back
Top Bottom