Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Spit, how is the motion handling on the Samsung JS9000?

I'm curious to know how well it copes with all the motion options turned off. My last Samsung had a smearing/blurring effect that was always present even with all the enhancements turned off which used to drive me nuts.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's under Pro for video processing.
https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-ue65js9000-js9000-s-uhd-curved-4k-tv-review.11257

Motion Handling

As always we used our FPD Benchmark test disc to measure the motion resolution of the JS9000 at around 300 lines which is what we would expect from an LCD TV. This could be improved to the full 1080 lines by using the Auto Motion Plus feature but that gives film content an overly smooth appearance. However there is room for experimentation when it comes to fast-paced sports or games but in general we found the motion handling on the Samsung to be perfectly acceptable without the need to resort to frame interpolation. When watching 24p Blu-rays with Auto Motion Plus off, the motion retained a suitably film-like quality and overall the motion handling on the JS9000 was very good for a LCD TV.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue65js9000-201503154027.htm

Permabanned
Spit, how is the motion handling on the Samsung JS9000?

I'm curious to know how well it copes with all the motion options turned off. My last Samsung had a smearing/blurring effect that was always present even with all the enhancements turned off which used to drive me nuts.

Its excellent. I don't like the super smooth look so I set it to clear and it looks great.

This demo clip on my TV is the best image I have ever seen on a screen...

http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=90

Soldato
av.jpg

55" LG3D LED (55LM760T)
Yamaha RX357 Amp
PIONEER S-HS100 (downsized to replace my old Eltax 5.1)
PS4
Xbox One
Sky+ HD

Associate
Stayed in all day as I'm starting to accumulate all of the equipment I'm going to use for my listening room install for the new house, and only one of three items turns up :(

At least I've got this little guy to listen to through headphones :)

Audiolab 8200DQ, so far really loving it just as a DAC and headphone amp, already regretting the black for dust!

8200dqarrives1.jpg

Was hoping my new speakers might have turned up today (thanks TNT!), will certainly be posting pictures once they arrive as they are quite special :) If anyone spends much time in mastering studios they will probably have a good guess at what they are!

Associate
VctWFh4.jpg

took a while to do but have passed all the cables (speaker/optical/hdmi/power) through to the dining room into an Ikea Besta cabinet, gained a huge amount of space...
Samsung 55" HU7200
Onkyo 307 and Onkyo speakers

Associate
VctWFh4.jpg

took a while to do but have passed all the cables (speaker/optical/hdmi/power) through to the dining room into an Ikea Besta cabinet, gained a huge amount of space...
Samsung 55" HU7200

Id be telling the missus that the fireplace has togo so you can put the sofa center of TV :D

Last edited:
Associate
It really is an odd shaped room and the only other idea I had was to mount the tv above the fireplace but seemed a bit high . that's the general every day layout but if we are to watch a film, I just slide the sofa in front of the fireplace then move it back after.
Just noticed my finger on the lens in that picture, what a noob!

Soldato
It really is an odd shaped room and the only other idea I had was to mount the tv above the fireplace but seemed a bit high . that's the general every day layout but if we are to watch a film, I just slide the sofa in front of the fireplace then move it back after.
Just noticed my finger on the lens in that picture, what a noob!

We put our TV above the fireplace, lasted 6 months up there. Absolutely hated it. We have the same shape living room. We ended up moving the fire so the TV could stay central to the sofa and surround system.

Soldato
As above, my oddly shaped room was a nightmare to plan, ended up ripping out the fire and putting the T.v on the wall in its place. The missus can be cold or put the heating on but i refuse to mount the T.v 6ft up the wall!

Caporegime
VctWFh4.jpg

Samsung 55" HU7200

That would do my nuts in not having the sofa in front of the TV.

It's a real shame as the TV install is nearly as good as mine :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom