The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Just finished off Far Cry 4, I would give it an 7/10. Very similar to Far Cry 3 with improvements in all the right areas, fortunately I played FC3 a fair while ago so the experience seemed fresher.

I do think that FC3 had a better story location and villain though. Visually a really nice game as well, especially at 4k, I probably spent a fair amount of time just looking at the scenery.

Not a patch on blood dragon though :)

Associate
Arkham Knight 9/10

I guess I am one of the lucky ones who had the game running well, I enjoyed this game very much. So much so that I 100% the game which is unusual for me!

It loses a mark because the boss/side mission fights are poor considering what they were on previous games.

Associate
Legend of Grimrock 9/10

Very unique game. Basically four of you are prisoners and thrown into a dungeon and you must find you way out of 13 levels of hell.

You have limited items and plenty of trap doors, puzzles, secrets and enemies. You and your enemies can only move in a square by square movement, W moves you one square forward, S moves one square back etc and this is based on first person view.

I have never played anything quite like this game and it's a breath of fresh air in game design.

Highly recommended if you want a RPG with a difference and takes around 15 hours to complete. ;)

Soldato
I just finished Tomb Raider. I wasn't convinced by the first couple of hours (and this was my third attempt at completing it without getting bored) but it really improves once you've unlocked a bit of kit and a few moves!

The character progression seemed to give up after a while; lara was very upset when she whacked some guy for the first time but literally the second time she didn't give a monkeys.

The relationships with the NPCs were alright, but considering for most of the game they're just voices over the radio, the emotional impact of ********* dying is lost a bit.

The twin pistols at the end was a neat touch as that is kind of her thing!

I'd say it was an 8 out of 10 overall, it definiately got me excited for the next one!

Associate
I enjoyed the new Tomb Raider also which is strange as it's not what I would say is my type of game.

I think the fact that it is quite short and moves along at a good pace helps.

Associate
Portal 2 - 9/10

Not my first time playing it but I enjoyed it just as much as when it came out back in 2011.

Brilliant game.

Soldato
I just finished the original Witcher after 94 hours!!!!

The combat became incompetent towards the end, with the targeting lock on messing up when you're fighting numerous dudes and the one click combat frequently not working. The story and decisions aspect however were pretty good; that is the only thing that kept me playing really. I didn't like the massively oversexualised women and that Geralt basically 'ploughs' anything that moves- I can't help but connet the fact it is a very nerdy (rather than 'cool' like COD) game with the over sexualisation...

Overall, it would be a 6/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Portal 2 - 9/10

Not my first time playing it but I enjoyed it just as much as when it came out back in 2011.

Brilliant game.

Portal 2 is brilliant , the writing the level design and everything about that game is perfect , 10/10 from me I couldn't stop playing , just 1 more level

Try the talos principles I've just downloaded it you'll enjoy that If you like portal :)

Man of Honour
OP
Witcher 3 - 8.5/10

Pros
+ Graphics, stunning and run well after many patches
+ I got sucked into the main quest
+ Story is very detailed and well written (and there is a lot that has been written!)
+ Quests flow well into each other with interesting arcs opening up
+ I actually quite enjoyed Gwent, an interesting little card game!
+ Great patch support and a good bit of free DLC
+ Lots of 'RPG style' decisions that impact many aspects of the story/world
+ Interesting, well padded characters (in all the right areas? :))

Cons
- So much empty space in the world with nothing to do. It was tipped as being better than Skyrim, but to me Skyrim was much more interesting to explore in terms of the open world feel.
- So.much.talking.
- Combat gets a little repetitive, and higher difficulty levels just draw out fights to make them even longer (to the point of boredom).
- A little too much nakedness and 'ploughing' this time round

Over all an enjoyable experience. Might pick up expanions when they are on sale and will keep finishing off side quests until Fallout is released.

Back
Top Bottom