Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
I jumped on the Ikea Alex bandwagon, here is where I liberally swing my banhammer from

BhoMD1e.jpg

Very impressed with the look of this - so much so I'm going to get one myself. For extra support I was going to stick a batten along the back wall so that the worktop would go right up to the wall. However, I also want to wall mount my monitor and so will be making some cutouts in the worktop to allow the cables (monitor/speakers, keyboard & mouse) to drop. What I can't seem to find anywhere is a nice insert or grommet to hide the cut surface (given that the Karlby isn't solid wood). I can find loads that assume that the hole is somewhere in the body of the desk, but not if the hole is on the edge (as it were - probably explained that really badly). Has anyone done something similar or have an idea how I can get round this?

Last edited:
Caporegime
What I can't seem to find anywhere is a nice insert or gromit to hide the cut surface (given that the Karlby isn't solid wood). I can find loads that assume that the hole is somewhere in the body of the desk, but not if the hole is on the edge (as it were - probably explained that really badly). Has anyone done something similar or have an idea how I can get round this?

I haven't done this, but can't you just get a normal grommet then cut it in half?

Associate
wMjha3m.jpg.png

Monitor: Qnix QX2710 (1440p, 100hz)
Monitor Arm: Duronic DM551X2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Mechanical Cherry Red)
Mouse: Logitech G400s
Speakers: Logitech Z-623
Webcam Logitech C920
Surface: Corsair MM2200 Extended
Desk: Ikea Hilver Table Top (140x65cm with black adjustable legs)
Lamp: This one

Last edited:
Associate
At least i do some work at my desk, some of yours look untouched! :)

22789399955_8f434dd0ec_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom