Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
I know I know. Too many wired things and a usb switcher for work/personal pc.
GEAWHHHHHHHHHhhhhh

YgmxsjM.jpeg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Where's all your stuff!

Got rid of the streamplify arm in favour of a tripod for the microphone, made the distance from left edge of monitor and speaker the exact same as right edge of monitor to speaker. Yes I am one of those people :o

s4KRSCO.png

Zd920oR.jpg

I'm trying to photoshop a 39"/40" ultrawide in there to see how much space either side I have as that's most likely the size I'll be going with next year when the next gen OLED panels are out and my current one's warranty expires in March.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got rid of the streamplify arm in favour of a tripod for the microphone, made the distance from left edge of monitor and speaker the exact same as right edge of monitor to speaker. Yes I am one of those people :o
I do wonder if you ever do any work around rearranging your desk :p

I'm trying to photoshop a 39"/40" ultrawide in there to see how much space either side I have as that's most likely the size I'll be going with next year
Just use cardboard you sausage :D

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Associate
Where's all your stuff!

s4KRSCO.png

I'm trying to photoshop a 39"/40" ultrawide in there to see how much space either side I have as that's most likely the size I'll be going with next year when the next gen OLED panels are out and my current one's warranty expires in March.

Lovely desk setup!

Think it's time for me to refresh my desk setup. This has given me inspiration

• Love
Reactions: mrk

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
@mrk have you got a winner yet for best budget controller :D I've had the EasySMX, Gamesir T4 and 8Bitdo Ultimate sat in my basket for weeks.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
@mrk have you got a winner yet for best budget controller :D I've had the EasySMX, Gamesir T4 and 8Bitdo Ultimate sat in my basket for weeks.

Put it this way, I gave the free Epurple asySMX X10 to my brother and bought myself the black version. From all I've tried so far, the X10 is the best for even up to double its asking price. The Gulikit KK3 Max would have been the premium choice but it has some serious QC issues given its relatively high price :/

The X10 has been flawless and the mechanical switch face/shoulder buttons are really good, it's hard to go back to a controller that doesn't have mech face buttons now.

A close 2nd place would be the GameSir T4, but the SMX still beats it as an overall better controller with more logical features and a nicer D-Pad.

Avoid 8BitDo Ultimate like the plague. Poor quality materials, poor quality joysticks, janky firmware. IMO it's a controller that's bolstered solely on the brand image and not the actual quality of the controller. Also no mechanical switch buttons...

I do wonder if you ever do any work around rearranging your desk
:p

Just use cardboard you sausage
:D
Hmm that means finding a piece of 40" cardboard :cry:

Lovely desk setup!

Think it's time for me to refresh my desk setup. This has given me inspiration
Any likeness to my desk setup will incur a weekly fee, just so you know.

Last edited:
Associate
Any likeness to my desk setup will incur a weekly fee, just so you know.

Haha well other than having the same monitor, we are different :cool:

Been toying with the idea for a while now of removing my PC from the desk and putting it underneath, and seeing your setup shows how much cleaner it looks

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If I had a mini ITX style case then 'd keep it on the desk for convenience and also reduce the dust that the intake filter gathers. Let me tell you an under-desk case gathers sooooo much dust it's unreal. Every few months I have to break out the PC vacuum. Yes I have a dedicated vacuum for the PC:

S1663TI.gif

At least the dust gathers on the filter and not the inside of the case! The intake fans are pulling through the AIO rad, so the dust gathers uniformly on the filter which is better than rounded collection typical of direct fans behind the filters I've found.

Associate
This is exact reason why I’ve not moved it off the desk yet, plus it’ll be on carpet if I do move it beneath the desk. I would need to put it on some form of pedestal if I do.

Main thoughts of possibly moving it off the desk is the clean look plus added space for peripherals and also fan noise

Nice vac! :D

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Last edited:

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Put it this way, I gave the free Epurple asySMX X10 to my brother and bought myself the black version. From all I've tried so far, the X10 is the best for even up to double its asking price. The Gulikit KK3 Max would have been the premium choice but it has some serious QC issues given its relatively high price :/

The X10 has been flawless and the mechanical switch face/shoulder buttons are really good, it's hard to go back to a controller that doesn't have mech face buttons now.

A close 2nd place would be the GameSir T4, but the SMX still beats it as an overall better controller with more logical features and a nicer D-Pad.
Awesome reply much appreciated, that's sealed it for me plus it's down to £29 at the moment, can only see silver and purple listed not a black?

Back
Top Bottom