** BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER MONDAY STARTS AROUND 9AM THURSDAY!! **

Soldato
Criticism is good lads, take it on-board. Could do without the posts having a go at other people criticising the sale, there was a lot of hype built up, fair bit of a let down to be honest.

Lets face it the whole Black Friday thing has come and gone. Only last year and the previous year was it truly mimicking the US. Since then everyone jumped on the bandwagon and you will be hard pressed to find the bargains amongst the Marketing spiel that differentiate this from "normal" sales.

OCUK have done a good job with what they have but if you look round at other sites including the rainforest there are not loads of specials in there, a few to be found but not loads like last year.

Associate
Associate
Are you going to be getting any more of the Sapphire 390 in stock this weekend? A friend was after one at that price but they sold out just as he got online :(

Associate
I had the same question... until I clicked on "free items":

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...dr4-atx-motherboard-mb-528-gi.html#free_items

That mouse is in the £50-60 range, so yes, a bargain indeed!

BTW, I actually grabbed one :).

Yeah I noticed the mouse and yeah it's a bloody good deal with the mouse included but, it's cheaper elsewhere in the UK while not on a Black Friday deal while still including the mouse.

It's just, it goes against the spirit of the whole Black Friday sales to have something included that doesn't include any discount at all and other stuff there with questionable discounts like 2% off etc.,

Like I said though, some other really good deals there on a small amount of select items which will probably all sell out due to low quantities before end of day.

...but yeah, as Varkanoid said, I'd echo those thoughts too.

Thanks anyway OCUK, still appreciate the service regardless of discounts, gotta be hard too to sell with a strong Sterling.

Associate
hows this for dedication, left my house at 6:30 am to go to OCUK and pick up a 390, glad I did it's a fantastic upgrade from my hd7970, thanks Gibbo

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Why is there a motherboard listed without any discount in the Black Friday sale ?
it comes with a free mouse worth a fair bit.

OCUK have done a good job with what they have but if you look round at other sites including the rainforest there are not loads of specials in there, a few to be found but not loads like last year.

heres a nice list of all the products on Black Friday along with the stock codes and the saving.

should make it easier for people to see what the biggest discounts are :)

P4ESMoY.png

Associate
It's just, it goes against the spirit of the whole Black Friday sales to have something included that doesn't include any discount at all and other stuff there with questionable discounts like 2% off etc.,

It's perfectly normal for 'Special Buy' type products to turn up at retailers for events like black friday to be fair. Normally products that aren't part of the normal product range and priced strongly but without any 'Was/Is' type pricing because it hasn't been price established :)

Associate
No pleasing some people, make items the cheapest they've ever been and they still complain lol

Considering 'normal' price is a 100% markup, and most black Friday items are only a few percent off, coupled with all the hype and marketing spiel and there are to be no further discounts, I'd say complaining is not entirely unacceptable.

They need to reduce the good products further. Whoever is in charge of maximum discounts and quotas needs to get in touch with the consumer, because many people will just shop elsewhere.

Soldato
Considering 'normal' price is a 100% markup, and most black Friday items are only a few percent off, coupled with all the hype and marketing spiel and there are to be no further discounts, I'd say complaining is not entirely unacceptable.

They need to reduce the good products further. Whoever is in charge of maximum discounts and quotas needs to get in touch with the consumer, because many people will just shop elsewhere.

A shop not offering bigger discounts in a free market isn't reason to complain. You can feel a bit miffed and shop elsewhere but I don't see how it's any reason to complain.

It's supply and demand - the very basis of our economy. They probably could know a few % more off but they know they can sell stuff without doing so. Some people will be put off and go elsewhere to pay less but others will appreciate the discount and be willing to pay a bit more for OCUK's excellent service.

Soldato

I don't think you actually know what the cost price of components is.

Back
Top Bottom