** PARVUM SYSTEMS L1.0 HAS LANDED **

Associate
It's great to see the L1.0 live on OCUK!

So you can all get a better feel for our new case here are some pictures of a build in a retail L1.0, this was the first finished sample cut 4 months ago and wasn't modified for this build at all. Since then it has attended i55 and i56 with OCUK and two smaller LAN's making a total of 9 car journeys as an assembled case. Ontop of being carried all around my house, Ricoh Arena, the NEC, up stairs, down stairs it has had X1.0 builds inside it and R1.0 360 builds on top of it. But it still stands just as magnificent on my desk being used every day.

gEk0itSGid4HoWPPFnqFeE2-BSbT58E-1z8pn9DYmw=w900

Just a simple thing but we wanted to give the freedom to mount radiators either way around, as a keen team of builders we know how much it can help with making a clean loop to have the ports at the other end.

gTRQET7EKZvFHwDKTHrFYZGZYS2d3wsJVwerlVUpPw=w900

Also there is clearance for 60mm thick radiators everywhere, although simple there is also a little hole for cables and tubes to pass through the midplate hidden behind the front radiator. Allowing anyone to fit their components without modifying the case at all but not littering every panel with cable holes was also a priority and this made for an elegant compromise.

hV6HtigZ-IhKszvojrmjr2GNHEIaQ09AEajELBWeHw=w900

KsHAitQN8KzpjC6QHi9Qy_UWC6tMQDx7ZNWlIakKfA=w900-no

s7j4pqm-jptoeo6sD9DU1_vQiINGQPdP25BsuFx3mA=w900-no

0U1u4sdvRy2Myl1dOHe4VghamOvYo880-mCINDkhzaXd=w900-no

8jsF4H8R3e13yQOxkZSqYGmH1V24XjW9BK8qC3P8Kx72=w900

The modularity of the case makes working in the pedestal easy allowing use to fix the mounting plates to their radiators before fitting in the case. Depending on the order of your build the rad mounts also make it possible to remove the entire front or rear of the case, or leave them in place and remove the floor entirely.

oAH9n6EVyU5u8o-waj56UanxHhANCcsOC1dqDYZPVzCv=w900

S4AZJmTR_2sQ1R-2S5YO6e2HxsZ0u0jj0dwf_ix1WC22=w900

eupq-4kfiBeLIK2C9YS55YDhAQfv4A_ct5rgKXh6F0of=w900

By alternating short and long screws you can make it really simple clean or replace fans in the pedestal without disturbing the loop. We also left enough clearance for user to mount aftermarket dust filters.

C8baVRgGPPJ_-MfZ4rW9SvEDsAF3pG6dLoW-dwAHLoDd=w900

sa71n0kZgfuEpvs8uHM0uxuwjC10ok0rynLsysYNBKHU=w900

zJNobitF4nltnzmlooOggDxXk4rhGVldaxHKkPpcQ5iu=w900

As with the midplate we tried not to add hundreds of holes the midwall most users would never fill, a lot of time was taken to reach a sensible compromise of usability and clean aesthetics throughout the interior.

794lOp4z4vkdejefnrrDhy35mXd5c3FTFcfP62Ai1SQN=w900

T9Ob2qGpzkOKRMHrjjnQZdTMsquhaUxo8LPdSF0MamIU=w900

yUOKCuB9BWnpBr72sZz8Ml8qgLXR0TBfVd9p4BBN_51C=w900

OvrHatHKLUyxDxUWGaDMEgNFZiTSoqbHubaiaRLzdMFR=w900-no

prMPItM1XD5RT_y5e_JIgQYHapvlIagovVYj0zQE-_Bl=w900-no

I2DEs-eN6-mb5fs8v0lC2FsHkFqeFj6HWbtOQDUJLR6J=w900-no

We have retained our distinctive mid wall bend from the S2.0 leaving lots of room in the back chamber for cables, tubing, drives and reservoirs! Although unconventional it worked out well for this build leaving more of the fabric of the case visible to show off from the front.

lynm1ohIWeVqoNQWDo8j5CDfB4xffELcYJ5otbX97Ihj=w900-no

RHqFwjT9Et1GgnFKNKAaHvDKo3t7wTz3bGlQPGCSEB02=w900-no

9fVfTxKVMxBoSyAZkvnWDxAC3jB_J1-ES-V40u0dX7qH=w900-no

If you want to see a little more of this build there are more pictures in the project log: αclass 2.0 by JR23

Thanks for looking guys as well as all of the kind comments on here, if you have any questions about the L1.0 we will keep an eye on this thread and do our best to answer them. We look forward to seeing your builds in 2016.

Regards, Parvum Team

decent3.jpg

Soldato
I'm not sure why you would think that. They are just over double the price of an S2.0. with that you are getting over double the amount of watercooling room, over double the size, double the time to manufacture, double the materials used to build it, double the packaging materials cost etc etc.

Just had a price in my head and it wasn't quite £300, as mentioned I still think it is worth it, I just thought they would be £250 - £275 roughly. I have no ideas on how much the ATX cases cost to manufacture tbh, and not looked into the extra materials or time needed. it was just a guestimation and a figure I had in my head. The same as when we look at other items and think "oh, i would imagine it to be x amount"

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
so look at the case that this most resembles in terms of specification.

the Corsair 900D

this is a mass produced case that, lets be honest, costs corsair not a huge amount to produce. The 900D launched at £299.99. And guess what, the 100 units I got for launch day sold out within 3 hours of landing in our warehouse.

The price over time has fluctuated and come down to around 270 but to all intents and purposes, the L1.0s biggest rival is the 900D.

Take into consideration UK manufacturing and skilled worker wages compared to large scale chinese production line costs, shipping costs from the far east, warehousing, logistics etc. Not to mention the huge amount that a brand like Corsair spends on marketing.

Your £300 corsair case is actually a £150 case tops, probably less. This case is actually more representative of the cost to the end user as it comes straight from Parvums workshop in the UK to OcUK. The margins involved are smaller as its a UK based operation that isn't done in huge production runs and UK staff have to be paid UK rates.

When you consider all that sort of stuff, expecting a full size case from Parvum to be cheap is a little misguided if I am being honest.

Soldato
so look at the case that this most resembles in terms of specification.

the Corsair 900D

this is a mass produced case that, lets be honest, costs corsair not a huge amount to produce. The 900D launched at £299.99. And guess what, the 100 units I got for launch day sold out within 3 hours of landing in our warehouse.

The price over time has fluctuated and come down to around 270 but to all intents and purposes, the L1.0s biggest rival is the 900D.

Take into consideration UK manufacturing and skilled worker wages compared to large scale chinese production line costs, shipping costs from the far east, warehousing, logistics etc. Not to mention the huge amount that a brand like Corsair spends on marketing.

Your £300 corsair case is actually a £150 case tops, probably less. This case is actually more representative of the cost to the end user as it comes straight from Parvums workshop in the UK to OcUK. The margins involved are smaller as its a UK based operation that isn't done in huge production runs and UK staff have to be paid UK rates.

When you consider all that sort of stuff, expecting a full size case from Parvum to be cheap is a little misguided if I am being honest.

lol, i was 25-50 quid out... I have also mentioned that it is worth it... twice, you are trying to justify the price to someone who knows Parvum and how they work, I just had a price in my head and it was wrong that is all. I don't know what equipment Parvum have paid off with the other cases yet, they could have cleared and started to be able to reduce the cutting costs for all I know... They have been doing very well so it is possible. run times could have been reduced somehow or due to the amount of acrylic they are now ordering the price could have come down.

I don't understand your need to try and convince me it is worth 300 quid when i said it in my first post, then agreed with your post after it.

"oooh, that is a little more than expected, but it is worth it"

" yeah, but it is worth 300 quid Dave for the following reasons"

"yeah, i agree, i was just saying it is more than i expected, I don't know the manufacturing costs so just took a bit of a guess, i was out by around 25-50 quid"

"Yeah, but it is worth 300 quid Dave for the following reasons"

"Yup, I still agree Rich, urm, thanks for again cementing my agreement with you"

unless of course you are replying to my agreement to justify it to the others, which in that case, fill ya boots :D

:D (by the way, I still agree) :p

Last edited:
Soldato
100% worth every penny, I love my S2 and would buy the L1 if they could sell it to me in black and purple, I spent £200 on my S2. An extra £100 or so doesn't bother me.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
On the off chance that a lottery win comes in can custom colours be ordered?

We have accent kits in too but no pictures so I can't put them live.

Let me know what combo you need and we can provide a custom accent kit.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Sure. We only have like one or two of each colour.if you hold on a bit we should have some black green cases due soon.

Associate
Its still a very decent air case, if not a little noisy. (At least with the S2 mATX)

It was!! I bought a red and white a few months back then I ordered a new honey comb shaped front panel in black and frost, the frost accent has no grills and its cut down the noise dramaticaly. The air must have been moving between the panel grills causing this irritating hissing sound.

Leads me to my question, is the grill on the front panel only for the L1.0?

Associate
And by investigating the pictures further I see the answer is yes. So my next question is....
Could a larger air cooler fit inside the case ie Phanteks? It doesnt fit my M2.0 (still saving for watercooling parts if your wondering why I'm cooling with air).

Back
Top Bottom