Tomb Raider - Rise of the Raider PC

Caporegime
Ha! They can go **** themselves in that case. I really hope people don't bend over for this....

This is why piracy is a necessary evil at times....

Soldato
Ha! They can go **** themselves in that case. I really hope people don't bend over for this....

This is why piracy is a necessary evil at times....
People who got the £6.70 Ukrainian store price will be laughing the rest of us not laughing as much ;)

Its not possible to pirate Win 10 Store games either the game is run from MS servers not your PC so its no longer possible (no wonder devs are jumping on to the Win 10 store bandwagon suddenly!).

Caporegime
Yeah I kind of wish I got the game when it was that cheap, from my experience, it wasn't worth more than £10 with all the crashing and terrible performance issues etc.

I don't mind the windows store too much, afaic, it is no different to steam, origin, uplay etc. I just hate the way they are going about doing things and this is one huge **** take, what's next, are games going to have certain content cut out just for the windows store version.... :rolleyes:

Hopefully it is only a matter of time until some guy comes up with a workaround or can somehow get all the required files and allow us to update the non-windows version ourselves.

As was shown with the xbox one when first announced and all of its "features", people voted with their wallets and Microsoft quickly changed their "methods", if people do the same again, then they will change their methods once again if they want to be successful.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I might just have to stick to the story and not worry too much about the collectibles. It's gonna take a month of sundays to get them all and the Divisions out tuesday.

Did anyone else ignore the collectibles?

Associate
When you read the article, it doesn't sound as impressive as the headline suggests :p Given how popular fallout 4 was/is, I can't say it is too surprising that PC sold more copies in the first month than the xbox one tbh. If the game was released at the same time for all platforms on Jan 28th, the results would have been very different.

Apparently they have cracked the denuvo DRM and just aren't releasing anything because they want to see if PC game sales increase since developers always give of about PC piracy ruining sales.

Even if not cracked, it is only a matter of time until they work something out imo.

There have been reports for some previous games where it has caused performance issues and some even claiming damage done to their SSD's (due to the way it works) but I haven't really seen anything to back up these claims...

My understanding on Denuvo is that it takes a different approach to security. Whilst they did manage to crack Dragon Age and FIFA 15 the cracks were flakey at best. Denuvo is working really well and I hope it continues.

Couple this with uncracked Xbox and PS4's and if the publishers make good games there is money to be made. As a long term gamer, that's good news.

Caporegime
AFAIK, denuvo changes with each game release so if they crack it for one game, come the next game, they more or less have to start from scratch again.

I haven't really checked on what the pirate situation is like for the new consoles but is it not pretty easy to do or even easier once you have it "chipped"?

And yup, I got no problem with piracy going away.... as long as games are released in a satisfactory state AND we aren't forced into certain things like the above with regards to dx 12 being an exclusive and publishers/developers taking the **** with pricing, unfortunately though with the way microsoft are behaving atm and publishers/developers in the past, piracy will always be a necessary evil imo.

Steam took an extremely important step in the right direction though with regards to offering a full refund for any game within a 2 hour window as at least now people can buy with some confidence, we just need more "platforms" to do the same now in order to try and prevent buggy/broken releases etc.

Associate
Benchmark mode on ROTTR now! unless it was there last patch I never noticed

Will update drivers and report back because I just used dx12 mode on this and it was a jerky mess, dx11 running fine. Not sure if patch broken or driver problem.

16gb

Back
Top Bottom