Stem Cells To Reactivate The Brains Of The Dead

SPG

SPG

Soldato

Educate yourselves Gents/ladies. The moment of passing is peaceful. The build up may well be full of horrors but the actual moment of passing is peaceful.

My ex sister in law, is a death councillor in a hospice, lots a scientific evidence on the subject apparently.

Soldato
Educate yourselves Gents/ladies. The moment of passing is peaceful. The build up may well be full of horrors but the actual moment of passing is peaceful.

My ex sister in law, is a death councillor in a hospice, lots a scientific evidence on the subject apparently.

Well it's not like anyone is able to confirm post experience is it? :D

Caporegime

Yeah i csnt really see a death councillor ever saying to someone/ thier family.

"Your death will be an excruciatingly painful and protracted afair"

Soldato

Says educate yourself - has second hand knowledge from an ex-sister in law. Amazing insight.

I'm pretty sure a ruptured dissecting aortic aneurysm, emphysema\lung cancer with adhesions to the chest wall or multiple organ failiure is painful, without all the massive unnatural traumas that cause death.

There is a chemical that floods the brain at the point of death in some situations which is thought to shut down certain nerve responses but to say dying is peaceful is actually kind of simplistic and even a little disrespectful.

Caporegime
Says educate yourself - has second hand knowledge from an ex-sister in law. Amazing insight.

I'm pretty sure a ruptured dissecting aortic aneurysm, emphysema\lung cancer with adhesions to the chest wall or multiple organ failiure is painful, without all the massive unnatural traumas that cause death.

There is a chemical that floods the brain at the point of death in some situations which is thought to shut down certain nerve responses but to say dying is peaceful is actually kind of simplistic and even a little disrespectful.

This is exactly what I would've said

But his ex sister in law is a death councillor so what do we know :rolleyes:

Soldato
I think he's referring to the point where the body and mind "accept" death and stops struggling and holding on to life, i guess the realisation your giving up would possibly give a few seconds of bliss where you ignore pain because its not relevant any more.

I guess the problem is we cant tell for sure as the only way to find out is to properly die.

Caporegime
I think he's referring to the point where the body and mind "accept" death and stops struggling and holding on to life, i guess the realisation your giving up would possibly give a few seconds of bliss where you ignore pain because its not relevant any more.

I guess the problem is we cant tell for sure as the only way to find out is to properly die.

tbh I think in all likley hood for most people it goes

cause > unconsciousness > death some time after

so there's no nice or not nice because you're alive but completley unaware as you're outcold.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm concerned about the suffering that could be caused here. I don't know what dying is like subjectively, but I don't imagine that it is good. Imagine the feelings of suffocation or pain for example, as your body refuses to breathe, or fatal trauma overwhelms you.

I would imagine reactivation of the brain and thinking brings someone back into the same sensations as would be experienced when dying.

GoT spoiler below:-

We could ask Jon Snow?

Associate
tbh I think in all likley hood for most people it goes

cause > unconsciousness > death some time after

so there's no nice or not nice because you're alive but completley unaware as you're outcold.

To reiterate that notion - What anyone thinks of as themselves is when you are awake and conscious.
When you are sleeping and not dreaming the you that is you is effectively dead (you've probably woken not knowing key facts of your situation, as your consciousness gradually reboots). If you are not conscious at the point of death then you will have no experience of it being peaceful or otherwise.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't work out if these people are actually dead, or if they're in a coma on life support. Does anyone know?

They are talking about people who are in a coma on life support and without brain function. This is not reactivating the brains of the dead that's just another journalist who doesn't understand the first thing about what they're writing about.

Back
Top Bottom