Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
So after selling my original Moto 360 I was trying to decide between a Moto 360 v2 or the Samsung Gear S2 Classic, what did I do?

Ordered the Huawei Classic for £288! Comes with the Black Leather strap as standard but their bundle includes the official Silver Mesh strap worth £80 so definitely gives me some options.

Should be ready for pick up on Monday so I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how it is, looks the most Watch like out of all offerings so far and I won't have a flat tyre to slightly bug me.

Soldato
So yeah, picked up my Huawei Watch and it's brilliant :)

Had it running for around a week and I must say I'm impressed, as one worry I had was that it would be too big for my small wrists but to be honest it looks really good in flesh on them compared to the Moto 360.

That screen though, great decision to go AMOLED as it makes the Ambient Display look crisp, dark and bright where it requires it. This is the best screen I've seen used on a Smartwatch so far however the Sapphire Glass does mean it can be slightly more difficult to read in bright light outdoors but the brightness boost does a good job.

As for Android Wear it's your fairly standard affair however one of the main differences you have here than the others is that it bags the internal speaker in amongst all the goodness and yes...it surprisingly performs really well through both music and calls.

Battery life is fantastic and you can stretch 2 days out of it depending on your usage.

Mines came bundled with the Silver Mesh Strap for the RRP essentially as I paid £288 all in for the full package but I have yet to take any pictures of it, will get round to this but the strap change mechanism is easy and just well...works in a few seconds to swap out.

I've included some pics below and if you want to ask any questions just give me a shout.

20160411_184705.jpg

20160411_191151.jpg

20160411_191210.jpg

20160411_185116.jpg

20160411_190317.jpg

Soldato
It does look very nice. I get tempted, but then, speaker aside, I'm not sure i would gain anything over my LG GWR.

Totally depends on what you have Andy that's the thing.

My Moto 360 struggled with performance, it got better but it clearly didn't perform great. It's also good to get rid of the flat tyre now and have a full round diplay, just thought I may as well go for the best I could afford and the one that fitted my idea of actually looking like a normal watch.

Where did you get it from?

Replied in trust :)

Associate
Totally depends on what you have Andy that's the thing.

My Moto 360 struggled with performance, it got better but it clearly didn't perform great. It's also good to get rid of the flat tyre now and have a full round diplay, just thought I may as well go for the best I could afford and the one that fitted my idea of actually looking like a normal watch.

Replied in trust :)

Associate
Is there any point in getting a 1st gen moto 360 at this point? Or any of the earlier watches in fact. Was going to see about picking one up 2nd hand to try out android wear and see if it's worth investing in properly with a more expensive watch down the road.

Back
Top Bottom