The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I've just finished my first complete playthrough. Took 256 hours according to steam (though probably around 200 if accounting for the hours I left it idling to stability check overclocks).

Probably just gonna start over. Might use a couple of mods this time and try and get the remaining achievements.

And Triss ;)

So, I just completed "Night of the long fangs" and thought I would pause to share...

This game looks fantastic, plays fantastic and the story telling and characters are first class. It's a masterpiece. SLI support is perfect, and at 1440 ultra wide it is utterly show cased.

Now I'm in some Alice in Wonderland type area... This game will take some beating. :cool:

As you were... ;)

You've got very little left, treasure it while you can.

FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FINISHED B&W
Did anyone feel the latter half of the story a bit rushed and full of characters making really stupid decisions?

Associate
FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FINISHED B&W
Did anyone feel the latter half of the story a bit rushed and full of characters making really stupid decisions?
I think so. None more glaring than

Detlaff saying you have 3 days and then the next scene saying "A few days later..."
Still amazing though.

Soldato
Am I losing out if I just buy the base game for now or should I just buy the lot?

Not at all. You will inevitably end up getting the expansion packs anyways as the game is that epic :p

But the expansions are levelled in that you will play hearts of stone after the main campaign typically anyways and finish off with blood and wine.

Soldato
Ah great, I'll just go base for now then, I just know that some expansions insert stuff all over the place so didn't want to lose out.

Another question, how linear is the game? Is it heavily story driven or open world like Skyrim?

Soldato
Ah great, I'll just go base for now then, I just know that some expansions insert stuff all over the place so didn't want to lose out.

Another question, how linear is the game? Is it heavily story driven or open world like Skyrim?

It's open world. There are few smaller zones you travel too, but the main one is massive. You can go wherever and whenever mostly. Some zones / areas do have very high level enemies but on the whole like skyrim. Play missions and quests whenever.

But benefit here is everything from the main story to secondary quests are very well done. Some of the secondary quests in this game are incredibly well done. Puts plenty of other games main stories to shame in terms of attention to detail the pour into them.

Soldato
base game + expansion is £36.84 on steam - is that a good price?

Personally I would say so. Amount of hours you can extract from this game is immense. It's very well done, stories are great and even little details are amazing. Blood and wine which is the final expansion is also great as once you finish the main story offers a whole new area with its own character and charm

Soldato
Just finished B+W also, TW3 is probably the most epic adventure I've had in a video game and I've been playing since C64 days, I helped people in need and paused to gaze at sun sets/sun rises, the game pulled me in so much at times I felt I was having a Avata moments. Epic epic game. As sad to finish this as I was breaking bad.

Back
Top Bottom