Road Cycling

Soldato
Any idea what might be causing this 'double clunk' on my front derailleur downshift. Doesn't quite seem to go back to its fully rested position unless I click the shifter fully again. :confused:

Chains seated on the small ring properly and doesn't move just the mech pops back a bit more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any idea what might be causing this 'double clunk' on my front derailleur downshift. Doesn't quite seem to go back to its fully rested position unless I click the shifter fully again. :confused:

Chains seated on the small ring properly and doesn't move just the mech pops back a bit more.

are you activating the shifter to make that move? if so, Trim. If not, Christ knows

Soldato
All of the newest generation have high and low trim.

An old downshift was one full push of the paddle which had a small click within the big click.

New stuff is downshift, defaults to trim on so you have to click again for the mech to return tonits resting point.

Less chance of chain drop and similar to how di2 does it

Soldato
6800 does have trim.

All of the newest generation have high and low trim.

An old downshift was one full push of the paddle which had a small click within the big click.

New stuff is downshift, defaults to trim on so you have to click again for the mech to return tonits resting point.

Less chance of chain drop and similar to how di2 does it

Thanks guys. Makes sense as to why I've not had any chain drop either :)

On topic if this Velodrome comes to fruition I will do a little wee :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you to all that have signed! Much appreciated!

Did they acknowledge receipt?

Sent back some bibs a week ago and not heard anything yet.

No they never do, and it's even worse because everytime I send something using their postage RM do not even confirm delivery because their staff are useless. This return took about 3 weeks from posting to return. They aim for 4 weeks from email exchanges I have had.

Associate
Hi guys, has anyone booked hire bikes from PRO CYCLE HIRE in Majorca, Pollensa?

I made a booking and paid with my master card....but later realised I selected the wrong size frame for my g/f.

I emailed them about it and asked if they could change it (same bike just one size down) and heard nothing back. I then got an email from them saying the card payment did not go through and I need to try again.

I emailed them again asking to change it before I made another payment attempt. Nothing. I messaged them on Facebook with my order number and asked them to change it. Heard nothing.

So the only contact I've had from them is them asking me to pay again because it didn't go through.

I'm reading mixed reviews about them...I thought they were reputable but this lack of communication is becoming a bit of a joke and I'm not sure if I should continue trying to book with them. I was planning on just doing a brand new order but no one seems to be bothered about helping me.

Soldato
Went out tuesday after work, usual 'Bike Club' suspects (Me & Richie) and then Pocko decided to join us. He's a machine and usually does a lot of running, bit of a fitness nut. It's always hilarious trying to keep up with him once he gets 'in the zone' (he usually doesn't notice he's dropped you for a good 5-10 minutes)!

https://www.strava.com/activities/670296974

There was a headwind out so we decided on 2 mile stints, Richie did the first, Pocko took over and I struggled to get past him for mine! I struggled a little and when it came time to drop I dropped. And kept dropping! Utterly buried myself on the hills to try and reel them in but I'd gone too deep and couldn't even hit 40mph on the descent. Struggling solo into the headwind sucked, just after the turn they'd waited for me, but setting off again I was dropped within half a mile, utterly spent! The next 15 mins I was struggling to find anything, pedaling squares and not able to maintain HR - definitely underfuelled/semi-bonked. The next few miles I took steady, telling them not to hang around for me, I was able to recover slightly. I'd recovered enough to find a bit of form and the last bit of ride back towards home/town was much more 'normal' for me (aided by some downhill!).

One painful ride and a real lesson in how much form/power I'd lost over the ~12 days when I was unable to ride very much due to moving house. :eek:

Looking forward (now that's all mostly over) to recovering form and getting some decent miles back in! :cool:

Rear Derailleur
If you're splitting things please trust message me mate, don't worry if not & you want to sell complete :)
Done!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys, has anyone booked hire bikes from PRO CYCLE HIRE in Majorca, Pollensa?

I made a booking and paid with my master card....but later realised I selected the wrong size frame for my g/f.

I emailed them about it and asked if they could change it (same bike just one size down) and heard nothing back. I then got an email from them saying the card payment did not go through and I need to try again.

I emailed them again asking to change it before I made another payment attempt. Nothing. I messaged them on Facebook with my order number and asked them to change it. Heard nothing.

So the only contact I've had from them is them asking me to pay again because it didn't go through.

I'm reading mixed reviews about them...I thought they were reputable but this lack of communication is becoming a bit of a joke and I'm not sure if I should continue trying to book with them. I was planning on just doing a brand new order but no one seems to be bothered about helping me.

I have used them in the past and the club that I go to Majorca with uses them. They are ok , my hire bike was very tired poorly maintained so doubt I will use them again but most of the group got almost new bikes the Colnagos where the good ones.

I made a minor error on my booking and i used Facebook to contact them which worked but it did take a couple of days for a response.

Back
Top Bottom