• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Got the shipping notification around 2.45 today for the 4gb :) (though dpd tracking still can't find it, must be a fairly late collection from overclockers).

If only the shipment had arrived yesterday, have to wait all weekend now.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Also, I checked the item page last night and panicked because it said '500w recommended' and I've been packing a 450w XFX for years now - until I checked the TDP on my current GTX670 which is higher and also recommended at 500w :D

*dons fireproof clothing*

Been fine on my 450W. Shouldn't be a problem for you either.

Associate
DPD rock:) Unlike some delivery firm's I can think of :rolleyes:

They CAN be fantastic...or they can send my 5850 to the wrong depot on the other side of the country and delay delivery for over a week! Never nought from that online retailer again as they did absolutely nothing to help me and didn't reimburse any part of the delivery fee. I remember it well as I pulled a sicky from my employ at the time to play with my new toy. A week of lost wages later and still no card to play with. There's a lesson there somewhere...

Associate
well, been playing with coolers today. Added a large cooler onto the backplate and when from a stable 1370/2100 to a stable 1380/2150 (no mem errors in HWINFO).

Here's a pic of my dust special.

http://imgur.com/a/ygJ75

:cool: Beat me to it!
I usually stick a fan or two on the back of my graphics cards it defo keeps temps down, don't care about the sound my case blocks most of that anyway.

I also wonder what Thermal paste Sapphire use?

Associate
Quick question, well a couple really.

First, is it possible to re-seat the heatsink with some thermal compound?
Second, I have some MX-2 thermal compound. Is this any good, it's a good 10 years old!

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Second, I have some MX-2 thermal compound. Is this any good, it's a good 10 years old!

Mine hasn't gone over 79 degrees so I wouldn't bother personally. And I certainly wouldn't skimp on paste and use something 10 years old anyway. If you're going to do it invest in something new as I'm sure things have improved over the last 10 years.

Associate

I wouldn't used MX2 (especially ten year old stuff!) The grease that's on it will be better quality.

I've got a nice fresh tube of grizzly kryonaut sitting here doing nothing.
I'm tempted! but I'll see how temps go first ;)

Back
Top Bottom