• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Got mine installed. As an upgrade from 5770 vapor-x this is mind blowing. Didn't run any benchmarks but games wise, this is running anything I give it maxed 1080p and looks superb. Several games that wouldn't even run on my old card are now buttery smooth.
It is hot and loud though.

Associate
Wow, that's pretty amazing! what score in Firestrike?

Haven't repeated Firestrike multiple times with it at 1415, but managed 10229 (graphics score 13873) once.

Might need to start playing with voltage as I think that score is slightly lower than it should be at that clock. Lot of people getting >14k graphics score at 1400Mhz.

Last edited:

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Had a nightmare getting the latest drivers installed this evening, that was on a fresh install of Windows too, ended up having to install them again and they appeared to go on... Won't find out until the morning now :rolleyes:

Associate
Very disappointed with the memory on my 4GB model. Can't even bump the memory to 1800MHz without it crashing/artefacting.

Meanwhile the GPU clock will happily hum along at 1415MHz.

Then there's my 4gb card where the gpu won't really go beyond 1340Mhz, while the memory is currently running comfortably at 1900Mhz - managed to run firestrike at 1345/1950 but started crashing in doom.

Oh well, better than having both gpu/memory that won't overclock I suppose.

Associate
Change a few settings and this card can be quiet and fast:

I turned down the core in wattman - setting the highest power state to 1185 mhz and voltage to 1000. Put the memory up to 2200 and left the voltage as is.

Into Hitman Absolution benchmark, everything maxed, 8x msaa and fxaa on, v-sync off. Framerate is down from 69.1 to 67.4 compared to stock settings OC bios, but i can't see any difference. Power at the wall is down from 275w to 214w. Gamed for an hour+ and its awesome. Temps settle in at 75 but no throttling. The fans spin around 1000rpm and are whisper quiet.

Caporegime
Change a few settings and this card can be quiet and fast:

I turned down the core in wattman - setting the highest power state to 1185 mhz and voltage to 1000. Put the memory up to 2200 and left the voltage as is.

Into Hitman Absolution benchmark, everything maxed, 8x msaa and fxaa on, v-sync off. Framerate is down from 69.1 to 67.4 compared to stock settings OC bios, but i can't see any difference. Power at the wall is down from 275w to 214w. Gamed for an hour+ and its awesome. Temps settle in at 75 but no throttling. The fans spin around 1000rpm and are whisper quiet.

That's brilliant. I still haven't installed mine (no time), but that gives me hope that it won't be a hoover-tastic experience when I do :p

Associate
Anyone else have to unscrew 2 screws from DVI port? Guessing not needed as I couldn't connect to DVI without having to do so? But I've had nothing but issues with one screen going black when using the other and waking the PC up from sleep, everything turns on, but the monitors -.-

Associate
Try unplugging and replugging your display cable whilst it's like that.

That doesn't work. I've got the same problem.

The solution (I've found) is to completely uninstall AMD Catalyst, reinstall WITHOUT the HDMI Audio Drivers. Restart, then go to device manager and uninstall any AMD Audio Drivers from "Sound, video and game controllers".

Fixed the problem. Hope this helps:)

Associate
Ok, real issue this time!

When I put my PC on sleep, when it wakes up, keyboard, mouse, everything is on, but the display? Display goes into standby saying no signal.

Had the same problem, posted earlier but wanted to make sure you got the response;

The solution (I've found) is to completely uninstall AMD Catalyst, reinstall WITHOUT the HDMI Audio Drivers. Restart, then go to device manager and uninstall any AMD Audio Drivers from "Sound, video and game controllers".

Soldato
Very disappointed with the memory on my 4GB model. Can't even bump the memory to 1800MHz without it crashing/artefacting.

Meanwhile the GPU clock will happily hum along at 1415MHz.

I must have got lucky. I have a 4gb 470 that does 2100mhz but since the timings slack off after overclocking there isn't much performance difference from stock.
Also have an 8gb 480 that can do 2300mhz memory.

These are the 2 cheapest cards I could find with the blower fans. Just goes to show its not always about brand name.

Back
Top Bottom