• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
Sapphire Nitro 4GB and 8GB back in stock! :)

Also Devil RX 480 cards are now in stock too. :)

Shame about the MSI Gaming X price.. £299? Thats at a bloody ridiculous price right now.. I'd buy one if it was more around the Sapphire price range.

Any chance of it on offer tomorrow? Or even the Sapphire?

Btw when is the non OC Nitro+ coming?

Cheers.

OcUK Staff
OP
Shame about the MSI Gaming X price.. £299? Thats at a bloody ridiculous price right now.. I'd buy one if it was more around the Sapphire price range.

Any chance of it on offer tomorrow? Or even the Sapphire?

Btw when is the non OC Nitro+ coming?

Cheers.

Gaming X needs to come into my warehouse in much bigger quantities, right now it is selling pretty damn quick and supply is very slim.

Soldato
Why are not more people buying the 4GB card and waiting for the 8GB card? The benchmarks I've seen between the two cards show only a small difference.

I got a 1080 60Hz screen (I know, I'm out of date) and the 4GB card is more than enough for what I've thrown at it.

Am I missing something about the 8GB card and it's capabilities?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Is the MSI priced higher because it's a better card or because of limited supply, or a combination? There has been limited supply on the sapphire and powercolor up to now and those prices haven't risen.

The difference being Sapphire have now shipped over 1500 of their Nitro cards into OcUK compared to MSI 100 units.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes but only a couple of weeks back there were no cards availables, and the price didn't rise to 299 then.

Are the MSI cards more expensive on wholesale to start with?

When supply is better the price will be around £269 - £279.

Typically it is often cheaper to pre-order as when product is pre-order we hit lowest margins typically to generate interest.

Associate
You guys think it's worth the extra £20 for the Saphire RX 480 4GB over the MSI RX470 4GB. I'm only gaming at 1080P ad currently have an MSI R9 270 card which is so quiet. heard that the Nitro can get a bit loud.

Unless anyone has experienced the HIS RX470?

Back
Top Bottom