Favourite ZX Spectrum games

Soldato
A lot of good games already mentioned. L

Games were tough back then, didn't complete many of them. One I do remember completing was Herbert's Dummy Run.

First I played would be Horace goes skiing.

One of the last I bought was Uridium.

Games I don't think mentioned previously but I remember fondly.
The monty mole games
Dynamite Dan
Hunchback
Spy Vs Spy
Frank Bruno boxing
The Happiest Days of Your Life, (relatively unknown game on budget Firebird label)

Anyone remember Sweevo's World?

Last edited:
Soldato
Elite,Tau Ceti,Pyjamarama, atic atak,ant attack,Football Manager, star glider,ranarama.

(loved Laser squad,Rebelstar 1/2 and later x-com)
Loved elite
Loved atic atak
loved Tau Ceti
Loved ranarama but never finished it I think I came close though.

Associate
These kept me from my other teenage pastime;

Rainbow Islands (already mentioned)

Chase HQ;

Balbreaker 2;

Robocop 2;

And probably a few others..

Soldato
Manic Miner and the Knightlore games :D

Most of the games I used to play were typed in from the magazines. Used to take hours and hours to type them in and frequently wouldn't work because I typed an 'o' rather than a '0' somewhere in the hundreds of lines of code..

Soldato
Most of the games I used to play were typed in from the magazines. Used to take hours and hours to type them in and frequently wouldn't work because I typed an 'o' rather than a '0' somewhere in the hundreds of lines of code..

Remember that far too often too :D

Spent hours on My 16k spectrum (and the zx81 before that) and felt so excited when getting the 32k pack upgrade that never quite fitted as it should and would frequently crash the system when you nudged the keyboard slightly in the wrong place :(

Always remember Manic Miner and JSW but Saboteur was probably my favourite along with the UPTG releases. Still laugh at how often loading from tape always failed about 50% of the time and those squeals etc .

Associate
So many memories of my Speccy, most have already been mentioned but the favourites for me were

Bombjack
Dizzy (all of them)
BloodWych
Target Renegade
RoboCop

Most of which were copied from my mate using the tape to tape copying on a Hifi :D

Soldato
First Speccy game that got me hooked was Starquake

Sunk hours into it

ILscBwZ.gif

Keep an eye out, there's a remake coming.

Being a person of class and taste I owned a C64, but people did do a lot of strong work with the limited capacity of the Spectrum - most of which has already been mentioned. I will put an oar in for Survival, though, which was basic but very fun. The aim was to navigate a grid map as one of six animals, avoiding hazards and eating to stay alive as long as possible. I can't remember all the animals you could play as now, but there was a fly, an eagle and a lion.

Caporegime

+1

Brings it all back. Good times. :)

Associate
This could be a very long list but some include:

Fire Shark
Commando
Green Beret
Street Fighter
Dizzy games
Arkanoid
Head over Heels
and the great iBall...