Show us your kitty cats

Caporegime
That's a question I've felt like I've had to justify to others any time I've mentioned getting another cat in so many ways.

I think the best answer to it is...you'll get another one when you're ready for another one.

Dad who was looking after Tony has vowed never another as he claimed they got "too close" - whilst I can totally sympathise. Every time I've heard animal owners say this before it wasn't long before they had their next cat/dog.

A friend of mine who's cat died years ago had a kitten on what felt like hours after the death of his cat.

For me I almost feel guilty when I talk about getting a kitten, and justify in case some feel like I'm replacing Tony. He, like anyone elses cats, are one of a kind and irreplaceable.

However, for me...without a cat there is a void. The apartment is slightly too quiet. I can't hear anyone causing any mischief etc...to me that's why I know it's nearly time to look into getting another.

Sorry to hear Randal, RIP.

Sorry for your loss randal

Sorry for your loss Randall

Thank you all for your kind words. :) Was the immediate thought this morning before I'd even opened my eyes that she's gone, dah.

Sad news Randal, Lost my cat of 18 years in December and a 4 year old dog in August last year, still think about them everyday.

Was difficult looking at her spot on the shed this morning expecting to see her sat there. I expect we'll be the same as you in thinking of her everyday, I hope so.

sorry to hear that randal :(

you'd think in this day and age there'd be a less toxic alternative to the current anti-freeze ingredients.

Some mixtures have a bitter additive, but the dose required to cause serious damage is something like 6ml and there's a 96% mortality rate with any ingestion so there's little that can be done other than to educate people. Of course if someone intentionally went out of their way to poison then they'll find a way regardless of compound I suppose. Trying not to think too much about that as I can't be doing with anger on top of the sadness.

Sorry to hear about your cat, never been a cat family but understand when you lose a loved pet.

Any plans to get a new cat?

I'd always said no, as to me she was one in a million and couldn't be replaced but waking up this morning I feel different to the idea. We've still got Kyle, who is a bit sedate this morning so I think he's sussed out what happened overnight after seeing her bundled into the car. Would be good to have him some feline company in time.

That's a question I've felt like I've had to justify to others any time I've mentioned getting another cat in so many ways.

I think the best answer to it is...you'll get another one when you're ready for another one.

Dad who was looking after Tony has vowed never another as he claimed they got "too close" - whilst I can totally sympathise. Every time I've heard animal owners say this before it wasn't long before they had their next cat/dog.

A friend of mine who's cat died years ago had a kitten on what felt like hours after the death of his cat.

For me I almost feel guilty when I talk about getting a kitten, and justify in case some feel like I'm replacing Tony. He, like anyone elses cats, are one of a kind and irreplaceable.

However, for me...without a cat there is a void. The apartment is slightly too quiet. I can't hear anyone causing any mischief etc...to me that's why I know it's nearly time to look into getting another.

Sorry to hear Randal, RIP.

That's how I feel this morning, bit empty. Doesn't help that the Mrs has gone out with our son and I'm sat at home on my tod.

Totally get where your Dad is coming from, but it's inevitable I suppose as with pets you get out what you put in. They return the affection when you've made the bond with them, but by that point you're already committed!

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's how I feel this morning, bit empty. Doesn't help that the Mrs has gone out with our son and I'm sat at home on my tod.

What helped is that my gf's parents recently got a kitten and we had been staying with them. That helped massively actually.

But now we're in our own place. We were on a FB Group the other day just scrolling through countless photos of Rag dolls and it hit us that we wanted one of our own so much.

I've a feeling it'll happen in the next couple of weeks.

Time's a healer buddy. You gave your cat an amazing life. :)

So just when I think an already horrid situation cannot get any worse, the pet crem place have just called me to tell me that they've been given the body of a rabbit instead of Feeb. The vet can't find her body in their chiller, so where the hell is my cat.

I am lost for words.

The only reason they checked is because I'd asked for a cat related casket for her ashes, else I would have been given back the rabbit's ashes.

The vet, and the emergency vet are "looking into it" but nobody seems to have any urgency about it. Seriously, they had one job left to do! How the hell can you screw that up?

My fear is that Feeb has been sent for general cremation, meaning it's unlikely I'll ever get her back. She's most probably already been cremated. The one shred of comfort I had from this whole vile affair is that we would have been able to bring her home in some form, now after having my cat taken from me suddenly I can't even have that. What the actual ****.

edit - they *think* they've found her, awaiting a read of the microchip or (rather avoid it, but I need proof) a photo from the vet. Hats off to the crem, they've gone above and beyond in trying to sort this.

Last edited:
Associate
The only reason they checked is because I'd asked for a cat related casket for her ashes, else I would have been given back the rabbit's ashes.

The vet, and the emergency vet are "looking into it" but nobody seems to have any urgency about it. Seriously, they had one job left to do! How the hell can you screw that up?

My fear is that Feeb has been sent for general cremation, meaning it's unlikely I'll ever get her back. She's most probably already been cremated. The one shred of comfort I had from this whole vile affair is that we would have been able to bring her home in some form, now after having my cat taken from me suddenly I can't even have that. What the actual ****.

edit - they *think* they've found her, awaiting a read of the microchip or (rather avoid it, but I need proof) a photo from the vet. Hats off to the crem, they've gone above and beyond in trying to sort this.

That is totally messed up, im really sorry for your loss, must be heartbreaking, but to then have this happen, im lost for words...

She's been found, breathing a slightly cheesed off sigh of relief and resetting myself back to where I was 3 hours ago. May require wine.

Turns out they had a stray rabbit awaiting collection, along with 2 other cats for the crem. Ditzy day staff just threw a piece of paper with Feeb's name and my details on the table, so the crem collection staff assumed that was the 3 items for collection. All the while Feeb was marked "awaiting owner's decision" in the cold store. Asked the vet to read the microchip and quote the address from it so I knew it was her, turns out it was the first address we lived at 12 years ago so no way they would have been able to fake that. Relieved.

Back on track to have her taken to the crem tomorrow, then we can have her repatriated back to the homestead.

What a totally rubbish 24 hours. Still haven't told our son yet. :(

Back
Top Bottom