The next Labour leader thread

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

i had a entertaining and worrying experience a few years ago when i went in for an x-ray on a mashed up foot, the radiologist was french and when she asked me how i injured myself couldnt understand me even after 3 attempts at explaining.

that is a bit of a worry that theres staff being taken on that seem to have issues with english, either the tests they take are rather poor or i must sound like that old geezer off of hot fuzz.

Maybe her English was good but yours was terrible?

:D

Soldato
Should it bot be a good thing?

Teporting is up aomething has changed to make people feel more confident rwporting this kind of crime

It's not a good or bad thing. It could be as you say (sort of say :p) which is good, or it could be due to an increase in the actual instances of hate crime which is bad.

Caporegime
It's not a good or bad thing. It could be as you say (sort of say :p) which is good, or it could be due to an increase in the actual instances of hate crime which is bad.

Well i kinda think it shows how when you remove the need to actually speak to a human being an turn things into a sinple check box set up on a website you end up with a lot more teovial shot getting reported

Soldato
Well i kinda think it shows how when you remove the need to actually speak to a human being an turn things into a sinple check box set up on a website you end up with a lot more teovial shot getting reported

Possibly. Or it could be simply the number of reports is small and any increase as a percentage can look significant. I.e. the actual figures are 85 reports compared to 54, an increase of 31.

Of course it could be something else entirely, it's all speculation :p

Soldato
Just reading up on more shenanigans at the NEC. Looks like Corbyn has lost control of it (again?). There was also a fight over how the measures were passed. The NEC went with a show of hands for a block motion, but there were voices calling for the different proposals to be split up and a card vote to be used instead, including the union chap who put it forward. So, the Scottish and Welsh leaders will get to appoint their reps now, although they can nominate themselves as well. Both are sceptical of JC.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Maybe her English was good but yours was terrible?

:D

chortle chortle chortle.

is a serious point as what happens if someone like her deals with a oap who is as bad as the guy from hot fuzz, does worry that someone who struggles with english could end up working in a hospital.

as for the whole "it takes years to train brigade" il say the same thing i have about engineering companies crying about lack of skills. maybe if you trained people up rather than only trying to hire time served experienced staff you wouldnt be in such a hole, i have mentioned it before but a local job agency has had the same advert up for engineering staff for going on 7 years now!!!!

Soldato
Couple of politically naïve musings... Why does JC seem convinced May will call an early GE? Final approval of Brexit and Article 50 (perhaps)?

Who does MacDonnell term as "rich"? Millionaires/big corporatios or those of us who have worked long and hard over the years to buy a reasonable house, a few grand in the bank and the prospect of a reasonable pension? I've always considered myself working class and voting Tory goes against the grain, but I would rather be governed by a party with (relatively) fair and proportionate taxation and a bit less compassion, than one in pursuit of some wide eyed latter day altNorthKorea Socialiist Utopia.

In fact, if May did call a GE in May 2017 the Conservatives could pretty much guarantee another 10 years of unchallenged government.

Soldato
I love the way the Guardian have Corbyn on their front page at the moment waving but the way they've framed it it looks like he is doing a Nazi salute and then underneath they have another article with Antisemitism in bold smack bang under the picture. They really do take any cheap shot they can.

Soldato
Rich as in wealth handed down the generations accumulated from all the victorian workhouses they used to own and slave trade.

Not well off folk who have worked 50 hour weeks for 40 years with a nice house paid off, nice pension, and money in the bank for a rainy day.

Caporegime
I love the way the Guardian have Corbyn on their front page at the moment waving but the way they've framed it it looks like he is doing a Nazi salute and then underneath they have another article with Antisemitism in bold smack bang under the picture. They really do take any cheap shot they can.

Most newspapers are pretty terrible, and the Guardian is one of them.

Soldato
Andy Burnham at conference today acknowledged the fact that millions of Labour voters voted for Brexit because they wanted an end to immigration and the free movement of people.

What does Corbyn do in his speech to conference - announces that if elected he will set up a fund (same as Gordon Brown set up) to help communities with immigration integration. Corbyn isn't going to stop immigration at all. Does he actually listen to voters or just carry on regardless?

In what part of his bizarre thinking does he think this will persuade disillusioned Labour voters to return to the party? If anything it's likely to drive them straight to the Tories or UKIP.

Soldato
Couple of politically naïve musings... Why does JC seem convinced May will call an early GE? Final approval of Brexit and Article 50 (perhaps)?

Who does MacDonnell term as "rich"? Millionaires/big corporatios or those of us who have worked long and hard over the years to buy a reasonable house, a few grand in the bank and the prospect of a reasonable pension? I've always considered myself working class and voting Tory goes against the grain, but I would rather be governed by a party with (relatively) fair and proportionate taxation and a bit less compassion, than one in pursuit of some wide eyed latter day altNorthKorea Socialiist Utopia.

In fact, if May did call a GE in May 2017 the Conservatives could pretty much guarantee another 10 years of unchallenged government.

I think its to try and deflect focus away and give everyone something to work towards i.e a snap election. Otherwise we have 4 years of political entertainment until they knuckle down

Soldato

Watching the Labour conference is a treat, they must have planted another endless money tree. It's like watching someone publicly slitting their wrists in front of everyone. If they weren't unelectable before, they sure are unelectable now! :D

Soldato
Andy Burnham at conference today acknowledged the fact that millions of Labour voters voted for Brexit because they wanted an end to immigration and the free movement of people.

What does Corbyn do in his speech to conference - announces that if elected he will set up a fund (same as Gordon Brown set up) to help communities with immigration integration. Corbyn isn't going to stop immigration at all. Does he actually listen to voters or just carry on regardless?

In what part of his bizarre thinking does he think this will persuade disillusioned Labour voters to return to the party? If anything it's likely to drive them straight to the Tories or UKIP.

For all the change he represents he's making the same mistake as Ed Miliband and listing to a handful of Metropolitan's around London and taking northern cities for granted. And looking at his stance on grammar schools his tactics seem to be go against whatever opinion polls are tellinh him.

Permabanned
Watching the Labour conference is a treat, they must have planted another endless money tree. It's like watching someone publicly slitting their wrists in front of everyone. If they weren't unelectable before, they sure are unelectable now! :D

That will be the same money tree as the Conservatives are using then, the only difference being one party wants to do it to invest.

Back
Top Bottom