Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Why did Chalky leave that Teg sat at TGM for so long? I kept seeing it there every time I visited!

It's only been there a few weeks, it's been sat outside his house for ages. His council threatened to tow it not too long ago.

That DC5 seems too cheap, and things are usually cheap for a reason.

Please explain what's wrong with it? :p

Why is it 'too' cheap? It doesn't have an MOT, the brakes need fixing and the paintwork needs a good clean and mop. Normal 2001 car with similar mods would go for around £7-8k depending on mileage. I think I paid a fair price for it.

Soldato
Yeah just the right amount of Halfords this time I think, though there is indeed always the danger they water down the wrong bits and it ends up a mess again

Soldato
Wonder what this will do to residuals on the current Civic Type R?

Quite tempted to replace my Focus ST with one next year.... I quite like the styling of it (in black or silver though), despite peoples complaints!

Associate
Given the 9g concept looked loads better than the actual car I don't hold out much hope.

Remember they reduced the front end size with more bonnet slope than they could actually do, disguised the massive fat rear end / horrible boxy rear wheel arch design on the 9g, considerably dropped the ride height / widened the track, plus it had that amazing rear spoiler.

Whereas the actual car looked much more plastic and tacky bolt on than the concept suggested.

Last edited:
Soldato
Totally agree, but the base car looks miles better this time as a start point, and at least they haven't gone and put something like the last spoiler on which was never making it to production. Hopefully learned a bit of a lesson there

That said the high flanked bonnet will never make it and I suspect the track will be narrowed too by the time it gets anywhere near production and the rear end mesh type section will be reduced.

Soldato
it's similar to the last Civic, the main difference is that the bonnet doesn't slope downhill. unfortunately it still has that boy racer styling that puts off punters ..it looks so ricer esp its triple tail pipes, the middle tail pipe has red trim :eek:, yes it's a dummy pipe, now how utterly **** is this :D

this one actually looks uglier esp the front and rear end, but it does have a better side profile, the Yanks wont like it either which is exactly what it's designed for...........America.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/concept/new-honda-civic-type-r-here-and-it-wants-ring-record

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Robbed from PH.

fc9dd0cf19bfe0d28188c82dd34796f0.jpg

Permabanned
Its quite annoying as the last prototype looked pretty decent. Nice sculpted bodywork, spoiler while in your face was nicely moulded in. Then the release and its just a standard civic with plastic thrown at it to save costs, yet is still 30 odd k.

Wonder how this one will end up in production.

Soldato
Wonder how this one will end up in production.

that's what you'll get unless of course Honda bother to read all the negative comments, i cant understand why the panel design across both ends is so complicated, it curves up and down then up and down again with 1.5 spoilers, silly vents etc.......... that car will be a nightmare to wash and esp to polish :eek:

Soldato
2016 Type R is such fun to drive. I really was put off by my first Honda experience with the gutless FN2. Look forward to getting the new one if it's just as fun.

Back
Top Bottom