FIFA 17

Soldato
Journey started - and played out well until....

At the end of the season, you get an England call up, then its either game over or move AH into FUT, lame.

Not much of a 'Journey' when you start and finish the mode as a 17 year old.

Permabanned
Did the daft thing the other night and bought PES 17 too after reading reviews saying it's gameplay is better again this year. After playing it i'm of the opposite opinion and think FIFA is actually the better on the pitch game this year, when game speed is set to slow and using the community sliders. PES just feels far too fast with the ball pinging everywhere like it just came out the barrel of a gun, it's just not good enough in comparison to forgive the lack of licensing or atmosphere.

Soldato
Journey started - and played out well until....

At the end of the season, you get an England call up, then its either game over or move AH into FUT, lame.

Not much of a 'Journey' when you start and finish the mode as a 17 year old.

That is a huge shame :( I'm still going back and forth on whether to buy it... At around £35, it's a bit of an ask...

Soldato
I'm really hoping for a longer and more customizable "Journey" next year - Would be sweet to create a player from scratch, adjust his stats etc. and play until you retire...

Player career? :p

Create a player in the menu's, send him to the team you want and then start a player career, choose a 'current' player and select the one you made. Start with a 90. Or make from scratch if you want progression and play League 1 for the first year. :D

Although I know exactly what you mean. The extra bits, the 'banter' at training, the cut scenes, they can be a bit more fun than the simple straight forward game.

Permabanned
OP
Player career? :p

Create a player in the menu's, send him to the team you want and then start a player career, choose a 'current' player and select the one you made. Start with a 90. Or make from scratch if you want progression and play League 1 for the first year. :D

Although I know exactly what you mean. The extra bits, the 'banter' at training, the cut scenes, they can be a bit more fun than the simple straight forward game.

Every year I make myself a 90 rated winger and put myself straight into the Newcastle side! We need all the help we can get lol

Soldato
Did the daft thing the other night and bought PES 17 too after reading reviews saying it's gameplay is better again this year. After playing it i'm of the opposite opinion and think FIFA is actually the better on the pitch game this year, when game speed is set to slow and using the community sliders. PES just feels far too fast with the ball pinging everywhere like it just came out the barrel of a gun, it's just not good enough in comparison to forgive the lack of licensing or atmosphere.

If you bought the pc version you be shocked to know its not even using the new engine that the PS4 and Xbox one is using. Instead its using the older engine that ps3 and that use.

Soldato
If you bought the pc version you be shocked to know its not even using the new engine that the PS4 and Xbox one is using. Instead its using the older engine that ps3 and that use.

I thought it was using the new Frostbite Engine ?

The ball still floats/hovers above the pitch though. You'd think they would at least fix this. To hard to simulate a ball in grass I suspect. ;)

Associate
Got to say i have really enjoyed playing The Journey. But it has DLC written all over it. I was really getting into it, then it ended!

Urgh, I haven't purchased Fifa 17 yet but this is one of the things I was most looking forward to... I assumed it was going to last until the player retired and then maybe become a manager.

Permabanned
OP
Add a keeper and a few defenders too! :p

PC version certainly feels better than the last gen to me, but it also supports 21:9 this time.

Now now Ryan! It's not nice to laugh at others misfortunes :D

I do the same every year. Swap all my supposed stars for future stars and in 3 seasons I'm competing for champs league lol

I have a couple of saves and transfer a few players to see what they play like before I sign them in my main career and Renato Sanches is a BEAST! 88 pace,99 dribbling and 99 finishing on a CM once you train him up a bit! Him and Dembele from Dortmund are outrageous.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The lack of modding is starting to annoy me. Normally i have career modes that i play on the side every so often in la liga but there's only like 3 Spanish teams with proper stadiums this year and it's really off putting. Normally moddingway sorts that kind of thing out but with them now not being able to it's kinda ruining the game.

Back
Top Bottom