**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
With the OP3 being so well priced, is there any reason other than brand name/not knowing nay better and perhaps personal preferences on styling why anyone would choose a top end Samsung/HTC/Sony (or whatever) over the OP3?

Camera - yes, but £300 worth of difference, no. Is there anything else?

Yes, I'm biased, I own a OP3 and I'm very happy with it. However I'm the type of enthusiast who changes phone every year (usually brand), I love comparing new releases and trying different phones, but right now, I'd be very reluctant to part with money at those top end price points in any future purchases.

Soldato
With the OP3 being so well priced, is there any reason other than brand name/not knowing nay better and perhaps personal preferences on styling why anyone would choose a top end Samsung/HTC/Sony (or whatever) over the OP3?

Camera - yes, but £300 worth of difference, no. Is there anything else?

Yes, I'm biased, I own a OP3 and I'm very happy with it. However I'm the type of enthusiast who changes phone every year (usually brand), I love comparing new releases and trying different phones, but right now, I'd be very reluctant to part with money at those top end price points in any future purchases.

I changed an S7 edge for the OP3 - only thing I miss is the camera :)

Soldato
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/oneplus/3/

Click "also available on Pay & Go"
Select the first sim card with 500mb data

It'll be £336 in your basket.

If you do the purchase through quidco you can get a bit of cashback, I earned £6.72 so in total it cost me about £330.

Hmm interesting. Thanks for that.

I don't have to use the sim card do I. I can put my current 3 sim in to the phone?

Or is the phone locked to O2?

Soldato
The shop will probably say its locked but I bought one Tuesday and can confirm its unlocked, works fine with my 3 sim.

The O2 sim went in the bin :)

Mobster
Soldato
The O2 website is a lie: the phone is not in stock. It will not arrive the next day. That's what half of the people at O2 have said, although they weren't convinced so they transferred me to another person and so on and so on...

I have spoken to at least 7 different people today and all have been utterly useless in explaining why I have received no order confirmation, no delivery info. Truly the worst service I have experienced in recent memory.

Caporegime
I went into a store and they don't have any in stock - in addition to that they said they will only sell the phone as part of a contract, not outright. Of course they said it was locked too...

Soldato
The O2 website is a lie: the phone is not in stock. It will not arrive the next day. That's what half of the people at O2 have said, although they weren't convinced so they transferred me to another person and so on and so on...

I have spoken to at least 7 different people today and all have been utterly useless in explaining why I have received no order confirmation, no delivery info. Truly the worst service I have experienced in recent memory.

ordered yesterday morning online from local store which said was in stock to collect same day

got few confirmation emails and got one saying were getting this sorted, you can head onto store now if you want

then 5 min later got an email saying not in stock and will email once it arrives in store

i see today it says order now before midnight for next day delivery

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually called into an O2 sore (in Hereford) on Thursday 29th September, soon after the announcement had been made, expecting to see, at the very least, some promotional posters and a few OP3's on the shelves.

Not finding anything at all I then asked one of the assistants about them... "Oh yes, we have them here, is stock" I was told, "But just not on display!"

This all seemed a bit odd to me, but then O2 have never been my favourite operator anyway!

Associate
ordered yesterday morning online from local store which said was in stock to collect same day

got few confirmation emails and got one saying were getting this sorted, you can head onto store now if you want

then 5 min later got an email saying not in stock and will email once it arrives in store

i see today it says order now before midnight for next day delivery

I wish I saw this before I went ahead and put in another order as it said it was available in another store for today ffs. Now they have my money for 2 phones the *******s. On the phone to get it cancelled and its taking an age to get through.

Soldato
Just went on chat and they said they had 90 pcs in stock 2 days ago and now out of stock.

Just have to wait until new stock arrives and gets sent out.

Still misleading to say in stock online when it clearly isn't

Back
Top Bottom