Pro Cycling Discussion 2017

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
New year, new thread!

Here's where we left off in 2016:

Quick-Step new kit is retro looking and snazzy.
Bora pretty dull. Nothing more to say. Just nothing really stand out with it at all.
Orica new kit I like with the bright flashes, their Foil race bikes look sweet! Much better than previous years white/blue editions.
BMC is horrific. Worst kit so far. Just all of it annoys me and makes me want to have an OCD rage hissy fit.
Astana is as meh as last year, just not keen on the light blue/yellow thing.
Lotto Soudal, not much changed. A nice simple kit, I like it.
Katusha, hate the team but their all red kit is nice. Liked last years better. The big "K" was cooler than that in your face Alpecin logo.

JLT kit is nice. Much improved from last years. Prefer their new colours.
Aqua Blue, I want to like it but it is boring. Another navy kit. Gold bits just remind me of WIGGINS.

Wiggo officially announces his retirement.

Tour of Qatar has been scrapped as well due to lack of sponsorship. That doesn't bode well.

Right then, let's go!

Edit: DON'T POST SPOILERS :D

Last edited:
Soldato
^ It is nasty. I seen the pictures of the gold wheels earlier in the week and was looking forward to seeing them on a bike but I just think it is too much bling going on and this is from a ignoring the disc brakes point of view.
It's hit or miss with Sagan's gear. Some of his shoes are cool, they're always a bit busy I find, but some of the stuff he's had on recently has been stand out cool just disappointed the Venge is bad as the pictures I had in my head with them wheels were proper nice.

p.s. that's me sorted for 12 months with Eurosport Player. They still have the offer on for 12 months @ £19.99. If you have that, it pretty much covers all pro cycling for the year with the other races they don't have being on ITV4 or Bike Channel, both of which are free to view anyway :D

Soldato
Nicest bikes this year.

Katusha on Canyon
Dimension Data on Cervelo
Sky on Pinarello.

The Pinarello now is a much better looking bike than a few years back when it was all bendy forks and seat tubes.

Soldato
Exactly :p Did you see the onboard cam footage of him sprinting the other day and his little head pops over the top of the front mounted camera? I laughed a lot it was brilliant haha.

TDU wise, I have it recorded from Bike channel to watch when I get home. I don't know the result and avoided all cycling sites today but he was my pick for stage 1 and based on your comment above I am guessing he took the stage :) I knew I should have done my fantasy team for TDU!!

Soldato
Oops! Didn't see any rules on spoilers at the top of the thread! :p

:p I wasn't having a go at all! My own risky fault for looking in this thread and it's purely down to the stages being at silly o'clock for us.
I think people should be able to discuss results straight away in this thread without worrying and everyone knows they check it at their own risk if they don't know results yet :cool:

Soldato
You mean because of his extreme aero sprint position?

IJI9opv.jpg
Someone on my fb shared a picture from twitter of this finish from the side, his position over the line is insane and I don't know how he keeps the back wheel down! His shoulders are literally infront of the front axle! :o

Soldato
If I tried that I would probably crash from my knees hitting the handlebars.

Or front flip/face plant. Struggle as it is with grip sometimes in a sprint if the surface isn't perfect.

Soldato
Stage 2:
Another day of a poor bloke being left to dangle at 3mins by himself whilst the peloton have a gossiping session. Wasn't as daft as stage1 and they started racing and we got some good action seeing guys trying to get off the front.... including Luke Rowe who didn't even manage to get away!

The camera work at the back showing Henao and co. trying to get back was awesome. Still don't know what actually happened to him whether he had a crash or a mechanical.

Fair play to Richie Porte, he was incredible up that last climb and going by that there is nobody there who can climb with him right now, that was domination as the main climbers (apart from Henao) had a good and steady run into the steep section so had it all to give.

Soldato
Someone on my fb shared a picture from twitter of this finish from the side, his position over the line is insane and I don't know how he keeps the back wheel down! His shoulders are literally infront of the front axle! :o

Found the picture:
C2WqzDnVEAArT6h.jpg

from: https://twitter.com/SophieSmith86/status/821250310416920576

Back
Top Bottom