Pro Cycling Discussion 2017

Soldato
Does Eurosport_UK player have catch up for all events? Without that I'd miss out so much.

Yeah I think anything that has aired will remain on the player to watch as catch up for a period of time (not sure how long).
I didn't buy it to watch live for most events, I bought it to watch catch up at convenient times after the events in most cases.
I read somewhere that Sky will not have Eurosport on it any more some time soon as I was going to upgrade my Sky package and use Sky+ to record on Eurosport... that worked out at £9 month extra whereas the player was £20 for the year and I could watch on my laptop/tablet as she watches the telly so it was the far superior option.

Soldato
HD quality j assume on the streams?

Yeah, so long as it is being broadcast in 720p and your broadband connection can handle it will be in HD. So that will be in the vast majority of cases.

In the Giro when they are 40 miles up a mountain at 8k feet and stuff it won't be HD :p

Soldato
Has this been confirmed yet by Sky/Eurosport. Got my wallet if the ready if it's needed, which I expect it will be :p

Edit:
Eurosport T&C's said:
7. NO RIGHT TO CANCEL

Once the User has purchased a subscription, there is a statutory withdrawal period of 14 days. The right to withdrawal is met if the User sends notice of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired. However, the User agrees to lose the right to withdrawal once the User has commenced Streaming.

This exception complies with the Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on consumer rights which makes provision for Exceptions from the right of withdrawal in article 16 (including article 16 m).

Last edited:
Soldato
Hence why I haven't yet streamed anything with my subscription... tempted to keep it though so I can watch ES when abroad later in the year as SkyGo can be a PITA...

Yeah, was contemplating grabbing it for £20 just for watching back when I forget to record stuff.

Soldato
Yeah, was contemplating grabbing it for £20 just for watching back when I forget to record stuff.

From what I gather catch-up items don't hang around on there for a significant time like iPlayer or other platforms. Someone with a sub already can confirm this I'm sure.

At little under £2pm it's hardly a bank breaker, when out and about or at anothers house who doesn't have a sub could be convenient to stream. Heck it could even be 'shared' a bit like Netflix I expect?

Soldato
From what I gather catch-up items don't hang around on there for a significant time like iPlayer or other platforms. Someone with a sub already can confirm this I'm sure.

At little under £2pm it's hardly a bank breaker, when out and about or at anothers house who doesn't have a sub could be convenient to stream. Heck it could even be 'shared' a bit like Netflix I expect?

Just checked but their retention policy is not very clear. There's a category called "Last chance" (which presumably is the videos which will be removed soon?) and is mostly filled with stuff that aired on 27th/28th Jan.
In the cycling category, the 2 videos (world CX and Cadel Evans Ocean RR) seem to be available for 1 week - both aired on Tuesday 27th (not live) and are available until 7th Feb.

There's also some older stuff available too though. In the Touring Car category, all races from last season are available going back to April 2016.

Soldato
FYI Eurosport are showing the Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana which starts today! (14:30-16:00 live UK time).
It is flying completely under the radar as it didn't run from 2008 and its first year back was last year where Wout Poels won it.... Back for its 2nd edition of recent now and have a look at the bloomin start list -
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Volta_a_la_Comunitat_Valenciana_2017_Startlist

It's as stacked as a GT and nobody is even talking about it!
Has a TTT as well. Will be a cracker of a race all week, we are properly out of off season now :D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
FYI Eurosport are showing the Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana which starts today! (14:30-16:00 live UK time).
It is flying completely under the radar as it didn't run from 2004 and its first year back was last year where Wout Poels won it.... Back for its 2nd edition of recent now and have a look at the bloomin start list -
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Volta_a_la_Comunitat_Valenciana_2017_Startlist

It's as stacked as a GT and nobody is even talking about it!
Has a TTT as well. Will be a cracker of a race all week, we are properly out of off season now :D :D

Cheers for the heads up, will chuck it on record.

Not long now, already planning my Paris Roubaix watching, although thats partially due to being in Paris that weekend (not for the cycling unfortunately). Will be good to sit in a Paris Bar watching the last couple of hours at least!

Back
Top Bottom