• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k 4.8Ghz bundle packaging, is this normal?

OcUK Staff
Yeah, works fine and I can't return it as I've got to use it. Was just surprised. Just don't expect to take a heat gun to something that you've just bought.

Any sticker you want to remove is easy with Heatgun or hairdryer though. This is standard with builds if you dont want the sticker on them we do all the time. I mean I am taking heat guns or hairdryers to pretty much every component every day and it harms nothing providing you dont use the highest heat gun setting and leave on for ages.

Associate
OEM cpu's used to come in a 5x5x1 cm padded cardboard box when I last bought one. Unless that's changed why not send out in the same one it came in?

Soldato
Can't lie, wouldn't be too pleased if my £350+ CPU came rattling around in a box that didn't fit it without the courtesy of an anti-static bag... In fact it'd tempt me to buy retail instead of a binned OEM unit!

Soldato
CPU's don't come in anti static bags, not even retail. They are just secured with plastic and cardboard. OEM units, as standard, come in cardboard boxes with foam.

Associate
Did the bundle go through the normal build process? The bundle I recently purchased came with the CPU and memory already installed.

Associate
Yeah I agree with the OP.

The product packaging isn't acceptable and with the dents on the heat sink. I would have sent it all back.

Back
Top Bottom