• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k 4.8Ghz bundle packaging, is this normal?

Associate
Agree, terrible packaging. Unlikely to harm the CPU but shows lack of respect for the component and lack effort in taking care of a relatively expensive piece of kit. Good retailers take the feedback, apologize and aim to do better. OCUK have been good with feedback in my experience.

Soldato
CPU packaging is disgraceful, how anyone can defend that is beyond me

If that was an Ebay purchase, i would probably be returning it

Really? Word of advice...don't. You're what's wrong with eBay. Retailer should box the item in the correct sized packaging, but returning a working CPU from an eBay auction on the premise it was packaged like that...

Cringe.

OcUK Staff
^^^Which I apologised for, I mean is this thread still really still going strong!!

The CPU was in an OEM NVME drive box so yes too big for the size of the item and not enough foam totally agree. CPU is however working fine and we said it was a mistake........

Soldato
I'm sorry but this cannot be considered a "mistake" I don't know if it was you or warehouse staff that packed this CPU but to call it a mistake is wrong.
A mistake would be forgetting to send out a free game code or a missing manual, something along those lines.

Associate
For the CPU (depending on how much it could move within the box) I would be thinking if any delayed damage to the CPU could have be done (something that would not be seen until after some hours of use... like micro fractures ect.).

I know it's unlikely but in the end your the customer who has brought an expensive bit of kit. No offence to OCUK (best UK based PC component store imo) but this should never happen to any component its not a difficult issue to spot during packing.

Soldato
The order was packed poorly yes... but come on guys #firstworldproblems! It's hardly worth beating them up repeatedly it's not like the op wasn't entitled to a full refund on grounds as superfluous as the smell of the packaging under the dsr so he had his options!

Associate
I'm sorry but this cannot be considered a "mistake" I don't know if it was you or warehouse staff that packed this CPU but to call it a mistake is wrong.
A mistake would be forgetting to send out a free game code or a missing manual, something along those lines.

Jobsworth Alert !
Jobsworth Alert !

Your not a traffic warden are you ?

Its a cpu , in a slightly oversized box, yet everyone's all 'dramalarm'. Give it a rest.

And for the op, posting this on the open forums rather than in the support section is just plain wrong, if i have any issue i contact the retailer before i would ever consider shaming them on their own forums, very poor show indeed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jobsworth Alert !
Jobsworth Alert !

Its a cpu , in a slightly oversized box, yet everyone's all 'dramalarm'. Give it a rest.

And for the op, posting this on the open forums rather than in the support section is just plain wrong, if i have any issue i contact the retailer before i would ever consider shaming them on their own forums, very poor show indeed.
While there may be *something* to this, OcUK should have taken it straight to pm.

I inadvertently posted 2 threads on similar matters. In one I asked for views on a build which included a particular psu . in that thread it looked like I'd spec'ed everything myself. In the other thread where it also came up it was clear OcUK had spec'ed that psu as part of a ready built system.

In the first thread I got lambasted for spec'ing such a bad psu, and was told I was being foolish risking my whole system on such a poor part.

In the other, there were comments like "trust OcUK", "That psu is absolutely fine" etc etc.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Jobsworth Alert !
Jobsworth Alert !

Nope, a maintenance engineer. It's **** poor no matter how you look at it. Given how highly regarded ocuk is, I for one would expect better.
Having " 8 pack approved tax" added to it just makes it that bit worse. People should expect better from the worlds #1.

Soldato
Apart from maybe the CPU box being the wrong shape everything looks fine here. The AIO rad is totally normal, you always get some bent fins. The OP removed the sticker? So did that himself. CPU works fine so box was ok anyway.

Nothing to see here..

Soldato
Exactly as it says..... Google it.

Not sure what that has to do with this. They've apologised for the packaging, but in reality you could likely send that CPU out like that multiple times over and it work just fine.

I design cardboard boxes (packaging engineer), and would have used at least triple walled to send this here box. :D

Soldato
Not sure what that has to do with this. They've apologised for the packaging, but in reality you could likely send that CPU out like that multiple times over and it work just fine.

I design cardboard boxes (packaging engineer), and would have used at least triple walled to send this here box. :D

Are you ok? Should we send help?

los

los

Associate

I cant see that they would get 8 pack packing CPU's somehow.

As said though it was poor packaging, but if anything was damaged they would change it, if thats the worst thing that happens, I think they are doing pretty well!

Back
Top Bottom