• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Asrock would be high on the list due to Dual m.2 slots, Asus Hero dropped the ball with only 1 m.2 slot . Never been a fan of MSI but Titanium looks to be the peak of the pack so far dual m.2 .
Gaming 5 does look very nice but single m.2 so would wait for the Gaming * :D

yes, 2nd NVMe could be used on the 3rd PCIe slot but guessing it all depends on how they have wired them up. Reasons why i'd choose Gigabyte and ASrock

The Asus Hero going to be for me.
two reasons. Not planning to have more than one M2.
If i want more space Sata 3 and more ssds will do the job.
Because it is going to be custom WC project I want the 3d printed parts they produce (and more inc) and also the ability to reset cmos by clicking a button at the back of the motherboard without having to open the case frame.

I would have gone for the taichi if my P5 was white.

Associate
OcUK is the ONLY AMD Super-Alpha on-line reseller in the UK, that means we have priority allocation over anyone else, which means we get stock first and the majority off it, we shall also be hitting the AMD MSRP's, there shall be no milking it as to speak and we shall be giving FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY ON THE BASKET. Absolutely no reason to buy elsewhere. :)
Are you accepting Paypal Credit as a payment option again yet?

Soldato
Oh hang on so the K5 is the GA-X370-Gaming 5 and the 5 is the beefier GA-AX370-Gaming 5. Why did they add a K to the lower board, they would have been better off just calling it a 4 lol.

Soldato
Isnt that WTFTech link just for that Biostar motherboard which wont even be a available in the UK? i would wait to see official info from Asus / Gigabyte / MSI / Asrock etc first, im fairly certain the high end boards will support up to 3600mhz, infact did we not see that ASUS board had 3400 or 3600mhz support confirmed?

Soldato
Gaming 5 was quoted wrong, its 6+4
oh interesting, that would make more sense.

Isnt that WTFTech link just for that Biostar motherboard which wont even be a available in the UK? i would wait to see official info from Asus / Gigabyte / MSI / Asrock etc first, im fairly certain the high end boards will support up to 3600mhz, infact did we not see that ASUS board had 3400 or 3600mhz support confirmed?
No? scroll down and it goes through all the mobo manufacturers lines.

Oh hang on so the K5 is the GA-X370-Gaming 5 and the 5 is the beefier GA-AX370-Gaming 5. Why did they add a K to the lower board, they would have been better off just calling it a 4 lol.
yeah theres some muddling going on I think. From what I've seen the Gaming 5 is the top M-ATX board and then theres the K7/K5/K3 for ATX on the x370 chipset

Soldato
yeah theres some muddling going on I think. From what I've seen the Gaming 5 is the top M-ATX board and then theres the K7/K5/K3 for ATX on the x370 chipset
But the GA-X370-Gaming 5 and the GA-AX370-Gaming 5 are both ATX, if the K5 is the first one the former then they made the latter too damn big. Now I'm even more confused lol.

Soldato
I'm trying to figure out the deal with the PCI lanes on the X370 boards.
After using:
  • 16 for the graphics card
  • 4 for the chipset communications
do we only have 12 left to work with? Or are 4 more locked for NVMe use? Leaving 8 spare? :(

Back
Top Bottom