Thinking about ditching the PC

Soldato
With the dawn of the PS4 pro.. the settings will eventually come for console gamers. For instance, the latest tomb raider game gives you the option of 1080p/60fps. Or 4K @ 30fps. Orrrr 1080 with enhanced visuals at 30fps.(iirc, I haven't played it in a month or so, so I could be wrong)

I think eventually it's going to be the norm

Edit. Yep.

As detailed in the video (above), Rise of the Tomb Raider will have three visual modes for the PS4 Pro. The 4K Visuals displays the game at the highest resolution, while limiting frame rate to 30 FPS. High Frame Rate mode supports 60 FPS and 1080p, providing "smoother and more fluid animation while exploring, and tighter controls during combat.

Finally, the Enriched Visuals mode renders at 1080p and 30 FPS, but uses the extra power on "both new and existing rendering features to improve overall image quality." You can learn about the various visual improvements in more detail in the video.

Associate
Love my PS4 Pro but wouldn't ditch my PC for it and have both hooked up to the TV. Never really understood the TV argument

Most of my mates are on PS4 though and its nice to game online with them

Soldato
Indeed. I want to go all digital.. but the prices for some games are crazy. The sniper elite 4 game + season pass is in the £70's. which is insane.

I usually wait for sales. But some games like horizon: ZD I want day one, and digital. And that's £49.

Associate
I keep an eye on PSN credit discount and stack up for when needed. On XB1 I just buy from foreign regions so even buying digitally day one, I don't really pay much. I do have a PC but tend to keep that for purely single player games or games that don't adapt well to controllers.

Soldato
If anything console gamers are more "gamer" than pc, cause we spend more time playing the games, and less time faffing with settings ! :D
You sir, just made me smile from ear to ear :D

Indeed. I want to go all digital.. but the prices for some games are crazy. The sniper elite 4 game + season pass is in the £70's. which is insane.

I usually wait for sales. But some games like horizon: ZD I want day one, and digital. And that's £49.

Grab a £50 voucher off cdkeys use their 5% discount, comes down to around £43. That's what I did.

Soldato
You sir, just made me smile from ear to ear :D

Grab a £50 voucher off cdkeys use their 5% discount, comes down to around £43. That's what I did.

Haha ! I posted that comment a bit tongue in cheek, but the more I read it the more it Actually makes sense :D

Ah didn't even know I could do that. I'll have a gander now. Cheers! Wonder if they'll deduct vat too.. hmm.

Permabanned
I ditched my PC. Playing BF1 on my PS4 Pro, 65" 4k TV and home cinema setup just can't be beaten. Absolutely love it.

IMG_3788.jpg

Soldato
Sold my PC about 18 months ago, I get less time for gaming than I used to (no complaints as wife and little one are awesome). I found that about half the time I went to have a quick gaming session only to spend 30 minutes arguing with updates, drivers, etc. I don't regret it at all and can't see myself going back.

Permabanned
65JS9000? Same TV as me if so, cracking set!

Terrible socks though :p

Yep, absolutely awesome TV. Haha they are my home socks.

I'd try and raise the center speaker, if you could put it higher

I just have no where else to put it. To be fair it's not been a problem.

For the money a high end PC costs you can certainly get a great TV, sound system and console.

Associate
I've barely used my PC for the last few months. I'm at 1440p with GTX 970's in SLI, and it's obvious Nvidia's support for SLI is getting worse by the day, and I think it's due to the number of people who originally went for this set up when the 900 series came out. Of course they need to sell their shiny new (overpriced) graphics cards and I've noticed SLI support has been awful recently. Plus, system requirements are going up way faster than the graphics are increasing in quality. Finally, I'm just not into any of the PC exclusive games that are around right now. I don't like online multiplayer, MMO's, and I don't much care for co-op.

I got a PS4 Pro, and the exclusive games so far have been incredible. Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Nioh, Ratchet & Clank etc, and so many good single player focused exclusives are coming this year and beyond.

I'll keep my PC but it's mainly because The Witcher 3 looks gorgeous and runs beautifully on it. That's about the only game I still play on it. Also, I guess I've got a large library of games already there so there's a back catalogue should I ever fancy playing those again.

Back
Top Bottom