The Fashion Thread... personal tastes, musings, and recommendations

Associate
Its only the evening do so will be drinks/dancing and maybe some snacks. I was thinking of wearing a suit as its pretty hard to overdress for a wedding, only problem is I don't actually wear a suit so will have to go shopping!

Soldato
Anyone hunting for anything in particular during the Summer sale? Unfortunately all the things I'd be after are classics so generally aren't in the sales. Some T shirts might be on the cards though, all saints have 50% of so from a bunch of their so may have a look at the weekend. I'm after some Desert Boots (Clarks probably) for the classic colours aren't reduced :( Does anyone recommend a brand other than Clarks for classic Desert Boots at a similar price?

Soldato
This might be a bit left field and irrelevant in this thread, but I really need to get some very comfortable shoes which are good for walking i.e. they'll support my flat feet, but that also don't look like I've been collecting my pension for years. I'm 27 for context, but I suffer from all sorts of hip/back pain and really need to find some shoes that aren't going to make it worse.

Caporegime
This might be a bit left field and irrelevant in this thread, but I really need to get some very comfortable shoes which are good for walking i.e. they'll support my flat feet, but that also don't look like I've been collecting my pension for years. I'm 27 for context, but I suffer from all sorts of hip/back pain and really need to find some shoes that aren't going to make it worse.

a good pair of boots.

personally ive found that magnum are good for urban environments. (my current ones are magnum stealth waterpoof with dual zips)

but i have always wanted a semi custom pair of altbergs (cost for them runs into the 150+ region though) but they could be set up specifically for your feet/problems

shoe wise im not too sure i always wear boots now when i can help it as i find they supoport ankles/the body so muich more.

Caporegime

Walking as in walking the dog in the park, strolling along a canal etc.. rather than hill walking?

Try some Merrell trainers/walking shoes (or similar).

Soldato
Nice shoes but where are those trousers/chinos from? They appear good quality and exactly the colour I'm after!

They're really really good quality :) They're Massimo Dutti, which is an under represented brand in the UK. I picked them up whilst on business in Baku, but have seen the exact same pair for sale in their Barcelona and Dubai stores infact :D

EDIT can't see that exact pair on their website but I do also own these ones:

https://www.massimodutti.com/gb/men/trousers/chinos/slim-fit-chinos-c911161p7904975.html?colorId=805

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Soldato
Is there any company that makes quality Desert Boots in wide fit? Clarks don't seem to do them and can only find cheaper clones online that come in wide.

Caporegime
OP
Guys, House of Fraser are having a 50% off sale and most of of their Linea merino wool V-neck jumpers are going for a measly £15 https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/men...2.201.0023149.0033001.0065044.21.pl#brand-yes

I have about 15 of these V-neck jumpers in various colours and they are great fitting and a super fine merino knit that doesn't make you overheat. Essential smart casual wear for Autumn/Winter with a t-shirt underneath.

Buy as many as you can in the colours you like, because at this price it's worth having a spare or two of your favourite colours. The black and darker shades of blue and indigo especially. :)

Nice shoes but where are those trousers/chinos from? They appear good quality and exactly the colour I'm after!

I just bought a few pairs of NEXT Smart Beted Chinos with zip fly and can highly recommend them, great fit and material http://www.next.co.uk/men/jeans-trousers-shorts/casual-trousers-shorts/5

Throw away the belt though they are crap.

Soldato
I've never really got on with V neck jumpers although they are very good prices!

I'm going to be chunky knit and boot shopping in the coming months I suspect. I need some chelsea and desert boots in my life :(

Back
Top Bottom